PDA

View Full Version : calling all DC/Maryland/Penn lawyers

DukeDevil
10-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Need a little advice or help. A very good buddy of mine (Duke '03, with me, and then UPenn law) is trying to land a job somewhere in the Northeast. I don't do anything related to law, so excuse the lack of knowledge, but I know he's interested in medical type stuff. Really though he's looking for anything with a paycheck, but his ideal would be to work for a hospital with malpractice defense or ethics committees or some other such thing in the medical field.

Anyway, I'm in the medical field but have no contacts with this sort of thing, but I've been trying to help him with some leads on interviews and job openings. If anyone has any advice he could really use the help. This is a true blue devil and a truly hard worker who has hit some rough times in this current climate and could use the help, advice, or just positive mojo in general. Feel free to respond to this or PM me. Thanks a bunch guys.

blazindw
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I would check out Kaiser Permanente here in Maryland. They were hiring, although they may be looking for a bit more experience than your friend has. If he has the background, it's probably worth checking out. Also, the Advisory Board Company, which consults hospitals and such, had an opening for an Associate General Counsel a month ago, and they have a ton of Dukies working for them as well. They're in DC, and the job might be more in line with his experience level. I have some contacts at ABC, so if your friend is interested, PM me and I can send you those contacts.