PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Smith (interview) poised for breakout season

watzone
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1186

Nolan made for a fun interview, giving some solid answers to many questions.
He was having some fun with Lance Thomas as well filming the media and players for Blue Planet. Nolan has looked really good in the practices and Blue-White game.

davekay1971
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Man, I can't wait to see that kid play this year.

Interesting the Paulus/Smith PT question made it's way onto cnnsi.com with Seth Davis's Hoop Thoughts. The sports media lives off of speculation, and I know this has been debated and discussed to death on this board already. I still think the two kids will complement each other well on the court and this won't be a problem at all.

Here's the link to Davis's article, which hits on a lot of different teams...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/seth_davis/10/17/20.questions/index.html

Edouble
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Great interview Watzone!

Quick thoughts:

--LT looks really skinny in that picture, albeit he is sort of slumping, but I've heard all over this board that he gained weight.

--Great to hear Smith not taking ownership necessarily of Demarcus' starting spot, but of his defensive spot.

--I liked the comment that Smith said about Coach K wanting the team to renew or regain their individual egos. I'm sure that a summer in Philly working out with Beasley and DeAndre Jordan must make Smith think/know that he can hang with anyone that he goes up against in the NCAAs this year. If the theme for the year is "don't be soft", what better way to prepare for that than by working out with NBA players in Rocky's home town?

watzone
10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Nolan was swift and confident with his answers and it's clear he's become confident as a player. As he said, I'm playing with an "edge" this season.

Thomas is still slender, but hustles about the court. The addition of more height to the team seems to be helping un making his game better.

During a recent practice, two players chose their teams for a scrimmage. Singler was taken first, followed by Smith and Plumlee. The fact he was chosen over Paulus means little for K will make the eventual call, but it does show he is respected by his teammates.

Kedsy
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Thomas is still slender, but hustles about the court. The addition of more height to the team seems to be helping un making his game better.

Great interview, Mark. I assume the above quote is some sort of typo, but I'm interested in what you mean by "helping un making his game better."

During a recent practice, two players chose their teams for a scrimmage. Singler was taken first, followed by Smith and Plumlee. The fact he was chosen over Paulus means little for K will make the eventual call, but it does show he is respected by his teammates.

This is intriguing. I assume the two players were G and Jon (because otherwise they would have been chosen), but the fact that Plumlee was the first non-Singler big man off the board seems to say a lot.

watzone
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Great interview, Mark. I assume the above quote is some sort of typo, but I'm interested in what you mean by "helping un making his game better."
"helping to make his game better"

This is intriguing. I assume the two players were G and Jon (because otherwise they would have been chosen), but the fact that Plumlee was the first non-Singler big man off the board seems to say a lot.

Nice assumption.

Kedsy
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Nice assumption.

I wasn't being snarky. I really wanted to know.

FireOgilvie
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I wasn't being snarky. I really wanted to know.

He just said you were right.