PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill has big ideas for the future

bdh21
10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
He wants to, along with Shaq, buy the Orlando Magic (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/016322.html) or some other NBA team down the line.

Edouble
10-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Well, maybe Laettner could be one of the "other investors" that they'll need. He could be the head coach too, since he's said that he wants to get into coaching.

SilkyJ
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, maybe Laettner could be one of the "other investors" that they'll need. He could be the head coach too, since he's said that he wants to get into coaching.

you think he'd play JJ? :D

Oriole Way
10-22-2008, 10:47 PM
This is very cool. Hill has always been a favorite player of mine, and I've always gotten a kick out of Shaq.

Would really like to see this happen, especially if Laettner and Brian Davis were involved.

Edouble
10-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Would really like to see this happen, especially if Laettner and Brian Davis were involved.

I only said that tongue in cheek. There was nothing about that in the article.

Oriole Way
10-23-2008, 01:13 AM
I only said that tongue in cheek. There was nothing about that in the article.

I'm not saying there was; don't you think those two would be interested in being in the group of investors? Didn't they try to buy the Grizzlies a couple years ago? Also, pretty sure Hill and Laettner/Davis have worked together as part of the Duke Legacy Fund, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved at some point in some capacity.

Billy Dat
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
I can only imagine the Orlando-area headlines and fan reaction if Grant buys the Magic thanks to the massive amount of money paid to him by the Orlando Magic for a career where he scarcely saw the court. Serves them right for not playing JJ.