PDA

View Full Version : Dick Vitale CRAZY for the Rays

BlueintheFace
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't want to endorse one baseball team or the other, but if you are watching the Rays- Sawx game on TBS then you are watching long-time Rays fan Dick Vitale seriously going nuts in the stands. They have cut to him at least 3 times already and it is the 5th inning, Say what you want about Vitale, but if nothing else, he is incredibly entertaining...

RainingThrees
10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
He's been a rays fan since the franchise began and is a season ticket holder. btw go Rays!!!!

PSurprise
10-19-2008, 11:48 PM
It's good to be a Durham native and Durham Bulls/Rays fan right now...Nice watching those guys get to the Show and do well. Go Rays!

RainingThrees
10-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Hell Yes!!!! The Rays win!!! Vitale is going to have a heart attack!!!!!

LetItBD08
10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durham_Bulls#Former_Bulls):

Current Rays who were once Bulls:

* Rocco Baldelli
* Grant Balfour
* Carl Crawford
* Jonny Gomes
* Jason Hammel
* Michel Hernandez
* J.P. Howell
* Edwin Jackson
* John Jaso
* Dan Johnson
* Evan Longoria
* Jeff Niemann
* Fernando Perez
* David Price
* Shawn Riggans
* Justin Ruggiano
* Juan Salas
* James Shields
* Andy Sonnanstine
* Mitch Talbot
* B.J. Upton
* Dan Wheeler
* Ben Zobrist

It's really cool seeing these guys excel in the big leagues after several years of watching them in the DBAP in semi-obscurity when I was a student.

weezie
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Great, great game. Those last two innings were magnificent.
That's what I love about baseball, it has the ability to stop time.
Go Rays!!! GO American League!

Kedsy
10-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Go Rays!!! GO American League!

I realize this is a basketball board, but I didn't start this thread. I'm from Philadelphia, and during my Duke days I was once forced into the Pond (the really scummy one in the Duke Gardens) after the Phillies lost a playoff series. I danced on a table at the C.I. and chugged a food point-bought pitcher after the Phils made the World Series in 1980.

So I say: Go National League. Go Phillies!!!