PDA

View Full Version : Domino's commercials

sue71, esq
10-18-2008, 11:49 PM
For the Oven Baked Sandwiches... vs "Submart". Enough already. They may or may not be tasty (I haven't tried them), but I'm over the commercials.

CameronBornAndBred
10-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Steve sucks

moonpie23
10-19-2008, 09:57 AM
dominos is awful....so is pappa johns.......pizza hut deep dish is better...

actually, IMHO....the best pizza in raleigh is at Picola Italia in cameron village...

RainingThrees
10-19-2008, 09:33 PM
CiCi's is where its at. Best pizza in the world.

...note sarcasm.

Bluedog
10-19-2008, 10:07 PM
CiCi's is where its at. Best pizza in the world.

...note sarcasm.

Yeah, I accidentally went there once before I knew what it was. I would have rather eaten paper....not even kidding. I think Papa John's is better than Domino's. I carry out from Giordano's or Lou Malnati's, however, but they're regional places....Gino's East for dine in.

bjornolf
10-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Really, you think CiCi's is THAT bad? No, it's not great. But it's better than Domino's or Pizza Hut or Papa John's (I have NEVER gotten a hot PJ pizza in my life...maybe it would be better hot and fresh) in my opinion. Maybe the one up here in Woodbridge VA is better than the one down there? And it's the only place I can afford to take my 5 year old for pizza. He can put away 9 slices in a sitting. :eek: The salad's pretty good, and if you put in a special order, they'll bring it piping hot to your table for no extra charge, and it's not bad (I like the extra cheese and extra pepperoni). Yeah, it sucks after it's been under the lights for a while, but fresh and hot, it's pretty decent. I've had MUCH worse. Like I said, the key is to put in the special order to get it hot/fresh. Surprisingly, Costco pizza's pretty good too if you get it hot and fresh. And it's hard to beat $1.99 for a slice the size of your head.

The best pizza in the NOVA area, in my opinion, is Brother's Pizza, in Woodbridge at Marumsco Plaza. Their garlic knots are INCREDIBLE too. Little hole in the wall place, but it's good. Don't go to Brother's Encore in Montclair though, it's not nearly as good as the original. There also used to be a place in Winchester called Anthony's that had good pizza and great cheese steaks that I used to go to when I worked out there (it's been six years since I've been there, so I don't know if it even exists anymore, but it was GOOD). I used to like Generous George's in Springfield and Alexandria (Springfield closed), but I think Brother's is better.

Here's my question...is there a decent pizza you can make at home? I've tried DiGiorno's, CPK, Red Baron, etc, but I haven't had a good one in a LONG time. The old Contadina pizzas weren't bad, but I haven't seen those in a while. Usually the problem for me is that the crust is lousy. The Primero thin crust pizzas aren't bad, but I'm having trouble finding those in a plain pepperoni anymore. They all seem to be those fancy nasty ones with the big chunks of tomato, hardly any cheese, and no pepperoni. Costco's isn't bad, but it's just so HUGE. I only need that much if I'm having a party. Just wondering. Thanks.

Cavlaw
10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I accidentally went there once before I knew what it was. I would have rather eaten paper....not even kidding. I think Papa John's is better than Domino's. I carry out from Giordano's or Lou Malnati's, however, but they're regional places....Gino's East for dine in.
If only I could combined the Gino's toppings with the Giordano's crust...

On the topic of annoying pizza place commercial's and regional places, I'm completely sick of the Chicago's Pizza commercials.

captmojo
10-24-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtqw_IEGh0

Greatest commercial of the year. :D:D:D:D

Oh, it's got nothing to do with pizza or Steve.

sue71, esq
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtqw_IEGh0

Greatest commercial of the year. :D:D:D:D

Oh, it's got nothing to do with pizza or Steve.

I've seen this one on tv out here. Genius.

hughgs
10-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Really, you think CiCi's is THAT bad? No, it's not great. But it's better than Domino's or Pizza Hut or Papa John's (I have NEVER gotten a hot PJ pizza in my life...maybe it would be better hot and fresh) in my opinion. Maybe the one up here in Woodbridge VA is better than the one down there? And it's the only place I can afford to take my 5 year old for pizza. He can put away 9 slices in a sitting. :eek: The salad's pretty good, and if you put in a special order, they'll bring it piping hot to your table for no extra charge, and it's not bad (I like the extra cheese and extra pepperoni). Yeah, it sucks after it's been under the lights for a while, but fresh and hot, it's pretty decent. I've had MUCH worse. Like I said, the key is to put in the special order to get it hot/fresh. Surprisingly, Costco pizza's pretty good too if you get it hot and fresh. And it's hard to beat $1.99 for a slice the size of your head.

The best pizza in the NOVA area, in my opinion, is Brother's Pizza, in Woodbridge at Marumsco Plaza. Their garlic knots are INCREDIBLE too. Little hole in the wall place, but it's good. Don't go to Brother's Encore in Montclair though, it's not nearly as good as the original. There also used to be a place in Winchester called Anthony's that had good pizza and great cheese steaks that I used to go to when I worked out there (it's been six years since I've been there, so I don't know if it even exists anymore, but it was GOOD). I used to like Generous George's in Springfield and Alexandria (Springfield closed), but I think Brother's is better.

Here's my question...is there a decent pizza you can make at home? I've tried DiGiorno's, CPK, Red Baron, etc, but I haven't had a good one in a LONG time. The old Contadina pizzas weren't bad, but I haven't seen those in a while. Usually the problem for me is that the crust is lousy. The Primero thin crust pizzas aren't bad, but I'm having trouble finding those in a plain pepperoni anymore. They all seem to be those fancy nasty ones with the big chunks of tomato, hardly any cheese, and no pepperoni. Costco's isn't bad, but it's just so HUGE. I only need that much if I'm having a party. Just wondering. Thanks.

We've enjoyed some of the Schwann's pizzas. In particular the spinach and cheese.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Angelo's in Smithfield. Ask Devildeac, he'll tell ya!

Lavabe
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
When in St. Louis, try:

IMO'S

Warning: it's a different kind of pizza.

Cheers,
Lavabe

weezie
10-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Grimaldi's, under the Brooklyn Bridge. Cash only, long waits usually.

The next best piece of heavenly real estate on earth after Cameron Indoor.

devildeac
10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Angelo's in Smithfield. Ask Devildeac, he'll tell ya!

If not the best, then in the top 2 or three. There are a couple Brooklyn/NY pizza joints in the Raleigh area that meet all the standards of crust/sauce/cheese/toppings to be at or near the top of my list, too.