PDA

View Full Version : ACC beating self up

throatybeard
10-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Carolina, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech were our only (low) ranked teams. All three lost this week.

I think Georgia Tech should be ranked. Shoulda been ranked. But is it possible we'll end up with no one in the top 25?

devildeac
10-18-2008, 11:39 PM
It must like Ademola Okulaja says...

Bob Green
10-19-2008, 12:08 AM
But is it possible we'll end up with no one in the top 25?

It is possible as GT certainly didn't overpower Clemson, but I agree with you that GT should've already been ranked and will most likely break into the Top 25 this week.

arnie
10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
It is possible as GT certainly didn't overpower Clemson, but I agree with you that GT should've already been ranked and will most likely break into the Top 25 this week.

Yea, too many teams in the bottom half of the top 25 lost to keep GaT out. Couldn't BC also get in?

PumpkinFunk
10-19-2008, 10:32 AM

GaTech and BC should break in. VaTech may manage to stay in. Florida State may also squeak in.

Bob Green
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Florida State all made it in:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

It's a good thing the days of the "Top 20" are long gone like my youth!

YmoBeThere
10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
3 ACC teams get knocked out and 3 move in. At least we aren't the worst BCS league or are we?

brevity
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
3 ACC teams get knocked out and 3 move in. At least we aren't the worst BCS league or are we?

We are not. The first conference that comes to mind for that distinction is the Big East, but at least they have South Florida and Pitt in the AP top 20. But I think the overall winner for worst BCS league (this season, so far) is the Pac-10. USC is dominating (except against Oregon State) and there's no one else. Oregon, Arizona, and Cal are each getting fewer than 10 votes.

Now, if the measure of a league is the strength of its representative in the BCS bowls, then yeah, right now we look like the weakest.

Bear in mind that this is a weird season. Four of the top 8 teams are in the Big XII South. You know that can't last.

YmoBeThere
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Sort of a race to the bottom with the Big East, with both trying to catch the Pac-10.