PDA

View Full Version : Duke Blue Planet Slamdunk video

JasonEvans
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Not sure if everyone has seen the video on the front page of http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/. It is a slamdunk contest filmed by Jon Scheyer between Olek, EMail, LT, and Kyle. Several member of the women's team are the judges.

It seems like the guys are having fun and enjoying each other. Everyone predicts that Olek will win except for one women's player who says Elliot is going to do it. In the end, there is little question that Elliot won the thing.

--Jason "fun to watch, for sure" Evans

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow! Elliot is really impressive. He gets up!

devildeac
10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Not sure if everyone has seen the video on the front page of http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/. It is a slamdunk contest filmed by Jon Scheyer between Olek, EMail, LT, and Kyle. Several member of the women's team are the judges.

It seems like the guys are having fun and enjoying each other. Everyone predicts that Olek will win except for one women's player who says Elliot is going to do it. In the end, there is little question that Elliot won the thing.

--Jason "fun to watch, for sure" Evans

Uh-oh, bad news for dkbaseball;)

Ignatius07
10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Olek sure can jump, and he dunks with authority, which is good to see because it showcases the fact that he has strength. Despite his reported lack of post moves, he just may be our only post player who will finish strong (Zoubek, Thomas, and Singler sure don't).

That said, the thing I came away with the most is just how athletic Elliot is. I don't want to jump too any hasty conclusions, but he may be more athletic than Gerald. He gets REALLY high on that first dunk.

RainingThrees
10-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I was really hoping for a Gerald vs Olek vs Elliot battle. I know G's an insane athlete but that last one from Elliot would have been hard to top.

ACCBBallFan
10-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Olek sure can jump, and he dunks with authority, which is good to see because it showcases the fact that he has strength. Despite his reported lack of post moves, he just may be our only post player who will finish strong (Zoubek, Thomas, and Singler sure don't).

"only" may be a stretch. Duke's second most prolific tall that dunks may be Miles Plumlee who apparently was not in the contest. Miles is also more likely to have the court sense to earn PT than Olek.

concrete
10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
if Lance can finish like that during games, we'd have a very good year:)