WR Johnny Williams (dental abscess) -- Doubtful
DE Wesley Oglesby (leg) -- Quesionable
CB Leon Wright (leg) -- Questionable
CB Lee Butler (shoulder) -- WILL PLAY
WR Eron Riley (hand) -- WILL PLAY
WR Austin Kelly (back) -- WILL PLAY

CameronBornAndBred
10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Just saw that about Williams. Hopefully they have him on some antibiotics and he's feeling better by game time. First time I've seen a player sidelined due to a toothache.

chrishoke
10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Pull the tooth.:)

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Just saw that about Williams. Hopefully they have him on some antibiotics and he's feeling better by game time. First time I've seen a player sidelined due to a toothache.

A dental infection can be very debilitating. Strong antibiotics can help, but sometimes a painkiller is needed for the first few days until the antibiotic can begin to take effect. I know this from my own experience ..... as recently as August.

gray
10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Many of my female patients with a symptomatic abscess tell me that the pain is worse than labor. These things can be pretty nasty sometimes. That being said, they are also easily treatable.

I think that it would be reasonable to get Mr. Williams on some antibiotics and drain the abscess, providing enough relief to go on Saturday. Antibiotics usually will provide relief for something like this in 48-72 hours.

Otherwise, what Chrishoke said.

-Gray (DMD)

PumpkinFunk
10-16-2008, 07:55 PM
While I'm sad about Johnny Williams possibly missing, I worry a bit about Wes Oglesby and Leon Wright, and absolutely am worried that Eron's hand isn't back to 100% yet. He dropped some passes last game, and if his hand isn't better, may well drop more.

And the more time goes, the more clear it is that Re'quan's gonna get a redshirt.