PDA

View Full Version : Crusoe

wilson
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Has anyone heard anything about this upcoming NBC series?

It's billed as a thirteen-installment series. I dunno if that means it's an extended miniseries tracing the action in the novel, or if it's intended for possible extension into a more traditional series, with one-off plotlines not mentioned in the book (I suspect it all depends on viewership...). Regardless, I'm very excited about it--as excited as I ever get about a TV show. I will definitely watch the premiere, and from the look of things on the NBC website, I have pretty high hopes. Anyone else gonna be watching?

2535Miles
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM

It's billed as a thirteen-installment series. I dunno if that means it's an extended miniseries tracing the action in the novel, or if it's intended for possible extension into a more traditional series, with one-off plotlines not mentioned in the book (I suspect it all depends on viewership...). Regardless, I'm very excited about it--as excited as I ever get about a TV show. I will definitely watch the premiere, and from the look of things on the NBC website, I have pretty high hopes. Anyone else gonna be watching?
Sounds cool. I hadn't heard about this yet so thanks for the post.

billybreen
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I watched a few minutes of one episode (the first?) and deemed it unwatchable. Did I give up too quickly? Have they already canceled this pile?

I assumed from its Friday night time slot that it was destined for a quick death. NBC is in serious trouble with their prime time offerings.

YmoBeThere
11-09-2008, 01:08 PM

It's billed as a thirteen-installment series.

Heroes would have been better if it were handled this way. In fact I think there are many series that could do with a time mandate, say 5 seasons. Some just go on and on forever. ER lost all relevance to me years ago. But then, that's just me.