PDA

View Full Version : Butch Davis To UT Vols?

TwoDukeTattoos
10-14-2008, 07:19 PM
By now everyone knows that UT's football coach will probably be fired. And by now everyone knows that UT may display an interest in Cutcliffe. Due to the speculation, I decided to visit the VolNation message board and discovered a shocking rumor: Butch Davis is interested in UT! Please know that I don't put much stock in rumors on message boards. But because home-grown message boards are generally close to their respective programs, their information sometimes becomes validated. So, it will be interesting to see if anything comes from this!

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols/56806-latest-rumor-butch-davis.html

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Of all the speculation flying around so far, the best is for Butch Davis to go to Knoxville.

DukePA
10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Of all the speculation flying around so far, the best is for Butch Davis to go to Knoxville.

That would work for me! Butch would look much better in orange than dark blue (as in his current sideline attire).

Indoor66
10-15-2008, 09:20 AM
That would work for me! Butch would look much better in orange than dark blue (as in his current sideline attire).

He might as well go to TN as he obviously doesn't like the Puke Blue he is required to worship in Dump-On-The-Hump Land! ;)

devildeac
10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Take the job, Butch! Alas, we hardly knew ya!

Bring back Bunting!

Track down Torbush!

GTHCGTH!

CameronBornAndBred
10-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Anybody but Cutcliffe, so Butch can be their guy.
I bet Dick Crum is well rested and ready to take over for Davis.

Devilsfan
10-15-2008, 02:16 PM
That would be a great hire! Based on his recruiting of skilled players we should ALL support this career advancement move.

RP_McMurphy
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
But highly encouraged to retire with a nice bail out package.

Diddy
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Like I did earlier, when I got shouted down on another thread.

I sure hope this holds up, because it would ensure that UNC would go back to sucking while Duke continued its rise up the charts. UNC has a great class put together, which would collapse instantly without Davis. Heck, Duke might be able to poach some of those kids.

What we really need is for this to happen before the season ends.