PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com Ranking

Marty10
10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
They have Duke at #6, they go in depth on the team preview.

http://duke.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=861584

vango
10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
You'd think Pocius would get a mention. Maybe he'll just fly under the radar and be a spark off the bench....

bludvlman
10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I think Plumee and Olek will get more playing time than Rivals and most think. Neither Thomas or Big Z have done much to stand out their first two years, I think Thomas will get more PT than Big Z though based on the fact that Big Z doesn't fit into our high tempo offense.

Bob Green
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Plumee and Olek will get more playing time than Rivals and most think. Neither Thomas or Big Z have done much to stand out their first two years, I think Thomas will get more PT than Big Z though based on the fact that Big Z doesn't fit into our high tempo offense.

I'm sure it will suprise no one that I disagree with your analysis. I agree with the opinion BD80 posted in another thread:

Where did the prevailing opinion of Zoubek being so slow come from? When he was being recruited, I recall it being said that he was relatively quick down the court for such a big man. The brief minutes he as been on the court in a Duke uniform, he appears to get down the court fairly well, particularly on the defensive end. He may not be the first down court, but there are few that out-hustle him. With his injury behind him, I don't see Z as a problem, I see him as an asset few teams can handle.

Zoubek, if healthy, is a big asset.

Wakeboard06
10-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Zoubs is going to shock us all

God how i wish this 7 foot white kid would posterize Hansborough.

We can only hope

Highlander
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM

We can only hope

Amen, brother. Amen.

BD80
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM

We can only hope

I hope this 7' 1" kid consistently gets good position, keeps his arms straight up, and keeps his feet on the floor while hans goes through his head-bobbing shuffle. When hans finally releases a shot, my fervent prayer is that Z sends it right back at the nose GH christened. Every time.