PDA

View Full Version : DBR ACC Preview - BC

gw67
10-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I watched BC play 3-4 times last year and I’ll provide my two cents. First, I admire Skinner as a coach. His teams are generally competitive regardless of the talent level and his version of the flex offense is very distinctive. Rice is one of the top players in the ACC and three of their sophs, Sanders, Paris and Raji, appear to be ACC quality players. A fourth soph, Southern, came on at the end last year and held his own against the Maryland frontcourt in a game they won. The key for them and several ACC teams will be the development of their frontcourt. Southern has the size but limited experience. Sanders and Raji lack the size and Roche is strictly a perimeter player. Trapani was a very good player as a freshman at Vermont and has good size but he was not an inside player even at that level. The only other player with size is a lightly regarded freshman. I expect that Raji, Roche and Trapani will be asked to help out underneath and Southern will need to stay out of foul trouble for BC to play well this year.

gw67