PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Michigan Football

RelativeWays
10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
They lost to Toledo, UVA beats ECU after beating UMD, Texas is going to take down OK! Duke is going to upset someone this year, I can feel it. My gut says Wake will be the victim.

freedevil
10-11-2008, 03:31 PM
UNC will be the victim.

brevity
10-11-2008, 04:46 PM
UNC will be the victim.

Oh, the Heels will be a victim, but by then Duke's win won't be an upset.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Duke is going to win the Big Four this year, beating Wake, State and carolina. Start believing it - we're going bowling this year!

DukePA
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Duke is going to win the Big Four this year, beating Wake, State and carolina. Start believing it - we're going bowling this year!

Oy Gevalt! From your mouth to G-d's ear :)

Lavabe
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Vandy will be the victim... then again, Vandy goes into the game now with a loss to MSU!

My sympathies to Ymo,
Lavabe

kexman
10-11-2008, 06:35 PM
As a Duke and Michigan grad I never thought I would see the day that I was pinning my bowl hopes on Duke instead of Michigan:) I'm not sure what Michigan was thinking with hiring a coach who did not fit the current system at all. He is an excellent coach, but it will be at least 2-3 years to get players who can run his system. Were they really willing to suffer for 3 years. It is not like Michigan was a terrible team that they needed to completely turn around.

Michigan was going to be down with the graduation of Henne, Jake Long and Michael Hart. However, every other skill player either transferred or left early for the NFL because they didn't want to quarterback a gimmicky offense that they were not suited for...or catch passes from a bunch of walk-on QBs.

ehdg
10-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Personally I'm not a um fan, I'm a fan of The OSU back from when I was growing up really like Woody Hayes. I think um is getting what they deserve for making Loyld Carr leave and I really hate coach Rodriguez specailly the way he used and left his alma mata WVU. A marriage if you ask me made in hell. Granted he'll probably right that program but will take a few years.

footballfan2
10-11-2008, 11:41 PM
why are Duke fans laughing at Michigan???

FireOgilvie
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
why are Duke fans laughing at Michigan???

We have a winning record and they don't.

...and they think they're awesome.

blazindw
10-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I grew up a Michigan fan, so I'm devastated by how their season's going this year. While I'm over the moon about our team and our success so far, I'm nothing short of disappointed in how the R-Rod era has started at Michigan.

footballfan2
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I grew up a Michigan fan, so I'm devastated by how their season's going this year. While I'm over the moon about our team and our success so far, I'm nothing short of disappointed in how the R-Rod era has started at Michigan.

I wouldn't worry that much. Michigan will be back. No granted I think they are one of the most overrated teams every year, but they will be back. It's silly to "laugh" at Michigan.... especially from us Duke football fans. Of all fans, Duke should be the last to laugh at anyone. We've been bad for so long.

Bob Green
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Jeff Sagarin (http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm) has Duke ranked at #40 and Michigan at #82. Michigan is currently ranked lower than every team in the ACC except N.C. State. Here is how the ACC is ranked:

Georgia Tech 20
Wake Forest 21
North Carolina 22
Virginia Tech 25
Florida State 30
Boston College 31
Duke 40
Virginia 53
Miami 54
Clemson 55
Maryland 65
NC State 91

But I agree we shouldn't be laughing at Michigan. They will be back.

BlueintheFace
10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
If there is one thing we can take from Michigan football's downfall (and Indiana Basketball, and Kentucky Basketball)it is that truly great (or even very good) coaches are very very difficult to find so hold on to them for as long as possible and don't let small setbacks distort your view of the whole landscape.

We are truly lucky to have the best coach in college basketball and I hope he never leaves. Duke can have 3 more first weekend exits in the tourney in a row and I will not question whether or not K should be our coach. The michigan "faithful" who demanded the stars and the sky of Lloyd Carr and then ran him out must absolutely hate themselves right now... or atleast be in an amazing state of denial.

Never leave us K!!!

ehdg
10-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think the reason um fans where upset with Loyld cause he didn't bring them the moon and the stars. The reason they where upset and tired of Loyld was the fact that Jim Tressel and The OSU had been them 6 years in a row. They felt he couldn't beat Tressel and needed to find someone who could/would. Granted they wanted Les Myles from LSU but where forced to settle on RG and hopefully he'll do just as bad against Tressel. That would only be fitting imo. :D

devildeac
10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Jeff Sagarin (http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm) has Duke ranked at #40 and Michigan at #82. Michigan is currently ranked lower than every team in the ACC except N.C. State. Here is how the ACC is ranked:

Georgia Tech 20
Wake Forest 21
North Carolina 22
Virginia Tech 25
Florida State 30
Boston College 31
Duke 40
Virginia 53
Miami 54
Clemson 55
Maryland 65
NC State 91

But I agree we shouldn't be laughing at Michigan. They will be back.

Oooh, then that means we should be favored in 3 of our remaining games then:rolleyes::o.

Bob Green
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Oooh, then that means we should be favored in 3 of our remaining games then:rolleyes::o.

Vegas has Miami favored by 6.5 points (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/).