PDA

View Full Version : Blue-White scrimmage at 1 PM

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
The Duke - Miami game is ESPNU, 3:30PM, so that means it's over about 7. Will they have the Blue-White game before, like at 12 or 1, or after? 7:30 maybe?

Bluedog
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
7:30 is probably a good bet.

"The weekend of October 18 is Homecoming at Duke, and the Blue-White game will follow a home football game against Miami. "

http://chroniclesports.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/duke-reschedules-blue-white-game/

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Hope so, don't want to interfere with the tailgate!

PumpkinFunk
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking 8 might be a better bet for the game time. 4 hours, while it should be plenty, might not be enough for the athletics staff to run a football game and basketball game. I know last year the Parent's Weekend basketball game started something like 5 hours after the football game.

watzone
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
7:30 or 8:00 There has been on time since 2000 where it was held before the football game.

jimsumner
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
The Duke men's basketball team will play the annual Blue-White Scrimmage on Saturday, October 18, at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The scrimmage will tip off at 1:00 p.m. and precede the Duke-Miami football game at Wallace Wade Stadium, which is set to kickoff at 3:30 p.m.

Tickets are available for both the Blue-White Scrimmage and the Duke-Miami football game through the Duke Ticket Office and can be purchased online at www.goduke.com or by phone at 1-877-375-DUKE (3853) or 919-681-BLUE (2583).

shadowfax336
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
GoDuke says 1PM, which makes sense because it would be competing with the homecoming ball if it was in the evening...
which has actually been extremely popular among students the last few years

OZZIE4DUKE
10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Wonder what this will do to the Devil Walk, which is usually 2 1/2 hours before the start of the football game, which would put it at 1 pm. Wonder if it will tick off Coach Cut or was he consulted before the decision was made and asked for his input, or was he just told when the BW game would be? Basketball is still king, after all........

Bluedog
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Not that I expect Blue-White to not fill up Cameron (yeah, a double negative), but a lot of students will choose tailgate over the game. I wouldn't, however, :D

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Not that I expect Blue-White to not fill up Cameron (yeah, a double negative), but a lot of students will choose tailgate over the game. I wouldn't, however, :D

If I hadn't bought tickets expecting the game to be after football, I'd be tempted to skip it. But it will be one of maybe only 1 or 2 other chances to see them this year in Cameron, so I'll be there. It will be the interlude to my tailgating!

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Wonder what this will do to the Devil Walk, which is usually 2 1/2 hours before the start of the football game, which would put it at 1 pm. Wonder if it will tick off Coach Cut or was he consulted before the decision was made and asked for his input, or was he just told when the BW game would be?

He outta march the team right through center court.

365Duke
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
He outta march the team right through center court.

That would be my bet, and invite everyone inside line up behind them.

Skitzle
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Has the blue and white ever been streamable from the web?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM

No. No public radio nor television historically. Perhaps TV for the University cable system.

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I think it has, via inside access on GoDuke.com. I'm pretty sure I remember watching it in the past on my PC. They have this year's plus the exhibition games available also. It does require a premium subscription to watch video events.

msdukie
10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Blue-White has been on Inside Access the last 2 years, using Cable 13's feed. Now that we have a video in Cameron, I expect that the ACC Select broadcasts will improve this year as they usually run the jumbotron feeds with graphics at other schools.

dukebballcamper90-91
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Got my 4 tickets today. Can't freakin wait! Been to the last 2 with my son and would like to make this a tradition for him and I. I love getting the first look at them especially the new guys. I hope Olek puts on a show (dunks) for us. I like the speeches Coach K makes just as much as the game. Is there any pre-parties like they had last year?

devilish
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Is there any pre-parties like they had last year?

There will definately be a post-game party at Wallace Wade!

nicktonyg22
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Any ideas on the teams for the blue-white scrimmage?

Here's my guess:

Blue
Paulus
Henderson
Thomas
Zoubek
McClure
Czyz
Davidson

White
Smith
Scheyer
Singler
Williams
Plumlee
Pocius
Johnson

jimsumner
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Tickets still available.

"It will be an exciting Saturday for Duke Athletics on October 18. The Duke Men's Basketball team will play the annual Blue-White Scrimmage on Saturday, October 18, at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The scrimmage will tip off at 1:00 p.m. and precede the Duke-Miami football game at Wallace Wade Stadium, which is set to kickoff at 3:30 p.m.

Tickets are still available for both the Blue-White Scrimmage and the Duke-Miami football game through the Duke Ticket Office and can be purchased online at www.goduke.com or by phone at 1-877-375-DUKE (3853) or 919-681-BLUE (2583). For the Blue-White Scrimmage, tickets range fom $15-$30. To purchase tickets to the Blue-White Scrimmage, click here. The athletic ticket office will be offering a special promotion for the Duke-Miami football game, all fans will be able to purchase four tickets for $40 on Saturday, Oct. 18 before kickoff inside Cameron Indoor Stadium at the ticket office or in advance at www.goduke.com."

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Just got my tix today. Here's a question..where do the season ticket holders sit? I'm assuming the game is included in their season tickets, but since the ones that are on sale are assigned seats, where does that leave the regulars? Same question applies for the LR game.

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Any ideas on the teams for the blue-white scrimmage?

Here's my guess:

Blue
Paulus
Henderson
Thomas
Zoubek
McClure
Czyz
Davidson

White
Smith
Scheyer
Singler
Williams
Plumlee
Pocius
Johnson

That's a good setup there. I think I'd split up Singler and Scheyer for either Thomas or Henderson. Smith vs. Paulus will be fun to watch.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Just got my tix today. Here's a question..where do the season ticket holders sit? I'm assuming the game is included in their season tickets, but since the ones that are on sale are assigned seats, where does that leave the regulars? Same question applies for the LR game.
Season's ticket holders may choose whether to buy the Blue and White tickets or not. Those who do buy them sit in their regular seats. The seats downstairs are numbered, too. You can tell where the seats are located based on the section numbers. Sections 1-16 are upstairs.

jimsumner
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Season-ticket holders can opt out of these games and not be charged. So, I assume the extras are those of season-ticket holders who elected not to buy tickets to these games.

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Season-ticket holders can opt out of these games and not be charged. So, I assume the extras are those of season-ticket holders who elected not to buy tickets to these games.

Thank you mr. and mrs. 2/g/13-11!
Actually pretty good seats for me, 1 section away from my dad's, on the corner, so I can watch him grimace and cheer.

DownEastDevil
10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Thank you mr. and mrs. 2/g/13-11!
Actually pretty good seats for me, 1 section away from my dad's, on the corner, so I can watch him grimace and cheer.

Looks like I'm about 5 rows above you in sec 2 row L. I bought 4 tickets so my daughter could go not knowing she had a wedding to attend. She is so upset because she loves the Blue Devils as much as I do. Her husband drives a race car at SNRP and has a big race scheduled on 11/29/08 and she told him he wouldn't have any fans there because we would be at the Duke/UNC football game.

weezie
10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm looking forward to cheering our Olympic coach, too.

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Looks like I'm about 5 rows above you in sec 2 row L. I bought 4 tickets so my daughter could go not knowing she had a wedding to attend. She is so upset because she loves the Blue Devils as much as I do. Her husband drives a race car at SNRP and has a big race scheduled on 11/29/08 and she told him he wouldn't have any fans there because we would be at the Duke/UNC football game.

LOL..that's funny all the way around. EarlJam might be the one sitting next to me, if so, throw peanut shells in his hair. I won't tell, just have good aim.

DevilAlumna
10-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Section 10, row B for me.

devildeac
10-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Section 10, row B for me.

Section 14, Row C for Lavabe and me. You'll get your decals in person after all:D.

Got_Duke
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
For those of us going to the Blue-White scrimmage and/or the football game, I was thinking maybe we could all meet and greet one another or grab lunch somewhere before the scrimmage.

It'd be cool to finally put some faces to these board names.

Any interest?

Bob Green
10-12-2008, 06:09 PM
For those of us going to the Blue-White scrimmage and/or the football game, I was thinking maybe we could all meet and greet one another or grab lunch somewhere before the scrimmage.

It'd be cool to finally put some faces to these board names.

Any interest?

You need to hook-up with the BrunchGate (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11764) crowd. Unfortunately, I'll be on the far side of the World.

devildeac
10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
You need to hook-up with the BrunchGate (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11764) crowd. Unfortunately, I'll be on the far side of the World.

Like I have said many, well, several, times in the past, Bob, you're the greatest, well, maybe not the greatest, but at least in the top two or three:D.

Thanks for the publicity! If folks go to the Brunchgate threads (I, II and III) on the OTB, you can see some of the inmates, err, participants and "sign up" to attend the festivities and what delicacy or adult beverage you will bring. It looks like I will attend the BW game with Lavabe, having procured a couple late tickets, but at this point, consumption of food and beverages will be a last minute decision.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I have 2 tickets to the game I might be willing to sell.. pm me if interested.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I have 2 tickets to the game I might be willing to sell.. pm me if interested.

For sale here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130262758018

if interested. Make sure to call me asap if you want them

CameronBornAndBred
10-15-2008, 05:23 PM
For sale here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130262758018

if interested. Make sure to call me asap if you want them

Hmmmm..Beerfest over basketball...intriguing. We'll be having a mini beerfest at Brunchgate.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
What exactly is brunchgate?

CameronBornAndBred
10-15-2008, 07:04 PM
What exactly is brunchgate?
WOW..shame on you for not knowing of such an event! It's our tailgate before each football game (and luckily this weekend before bball as well). Check out the OTB for details. Just a bunch of DBR posters and family, all bring contributions to the plates and/ or cups. It earned the name Brunchgate due to the early game times, instead of meat and beer we've been enjoying bagels and mimosas.

ForeverBlowingBubbles
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
yeah... we in wilmington don't really know what football is... but from what I hear, we are undefeated.

Hurley2Hill
10-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Section 4 row M...soooo ready....I used to live so close to campus and visit all the time...not so much anymore, so I'm looking forward to this. A trip to the student store is definitely in order. :D

duketaylor
10-16-2008, 12:01 AM
will go thru CIS at approximately 1:15PM per another site, interrupting the Blue-White for a few minutes, which I think is cool. Should be agreat weekend for those of you going. Also, there's an open practice Friday at 5PM, I believe. Have fun!!

Skitzle
10-16-2008, 02:21 PM
What I would give to be able to watch this game on-line tomorrow:

My Liver
My Dignity
My First-Born

Clearly I need all 3 of these things more than the Blue-White, but its the "first" basketball game of the season and Nov. 10 feels OOOH so far away.....

DUKE DUKE MFer

Skitzle
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
What I would give to be able to watch this game on-line tomorrow:

My Liver
My Dignity
My First-Born

Clearly I need all 3 of these things more than the Blue-White, but its the "first" basketball game of the season and Nov. 10 feels OOOH so far away.....

DUKE DUKE MFer

Couldn't figure out how to edit post....

I mean watch this game online Saturday.

It feels strangely like Friday already