PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina 38, Connecticut 12 (FB)

throatybeard
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
1) Is Carolina this good?

2) Why can't Carolina keep their lights on?

YmoBeThere
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Must be using gas generators...

devilirium
10-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I believe that a piece of concrete fell from Kenan earlier in the year. Clearly, they've got some work to do there.

That being said, the Holes are pretty impressive. They're starting to find a running game. I still think that Cut will have us ready to play, but I'm a little more nervous about this game than before.

arnie
10-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I believe that a piece of concrete fell from Kenan earlier in the year. Clearly, they've got some work to do there.

That being said, the Holes are pretty impressive. They're starting to find a running game. I still think that Cut will have us ready to play, but I'm a little more nervous about this game than before.

Our best chance to win this game will be if rumors about Butch Davis leaving to take the Tennessee/Miami/Penn State/whatever big school is happy with their coach job take over the program in late November.

davekay1971
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I've had to fully reneg on my earlier statements that "Carolina sucks". I mean, they do suck, generally speaking, but the football team is looking better and better.

We're going to have our hands full containing the weapons they have on offense. If their running game continues to improve, that just makes their receivers more dangerous. In addition, their defense is clearly improved.

As for their lights, that was the best part of the game last night. I suspect the ghost of Jesse Helms as the culprit...

ugadevil
10-05-2008, 01:08 PM
From what I've seen of Carolina, they appear to have some playmakers on both sides of the ball. There are guys that are capable of making big plays and changing the momentum in any game. However, they are still young and they'll have to avoid costly mistakes and turnovers. The turnovers against Virginia Tech killed them and probably kept them from winning that game. If they keep the big mistakes down, they've got people that can make game-winning plays.

Butch Davis can coach. No doubt about it.