jimsumner
10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Duke vs. Georgia Tech

RB Re'quan Boyette (leg) -- OUT
C Marcus Lind (shoulder) -- OUT
CB Lee Butler (shoulder) -- Doubtful
WR Eron Riley (hand) -- Questionable
WR Austin Kelly (back) -- Probable

Obviously, the possible loss of Riley could be significant.

Bob Green
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
It will be a big blow to Duke's passing game if Eron Riley doesn't play. Our other receivers will need to fill his shoes. Freshman Johnny Williams will need to step up and have a big game.

Acymetric
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
It will be a big blow to Duke's passing game if Eron Riley doesn't play. Our other receivers will need to fill his shoes. Freshman Johnny Williams will need to step up and have a big game.

Not only is having Eron out a big blow, but one of his top replacements (I'm not looking at any stat sheets but it seems like Austin has been having a pretty good season, considering he's playing behind Eron) might not be 100%. Hopefully they will both be able to recover enough to contribute. Still excited to be making the trip down though!

Bob Green
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
(I'm not looking at any stat sheets but it seems like Austin has been having a pretty good season, considering he's playing behind Eron) might not be 100%.

Johnny Williams is our second leading receiver with 18 catches for 206 yards. Austin Kelly has 10 catches for 104 yards and Sheldon Bell has 10 catches for 71 yards.

The big difference is TD receptions with Riley having six, while Williams, Kelly, and Bell have not caught a TD pass.

allenmurray
10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Eron will play. Mark my words.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Eron will play. Mark my words.

I've heard from a reliable source that Eron is a tough kid who plays better on game day than he does during the week. What we used to call "varsity limp" - barely be able to walk during the week or between plays, but then play at 100% after the snap. He'll play.

jimsumner
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Duke isn't playing games with the injury report. If Riley is listed as questionable, that's because he's questionable. 50/50 at best.

killerleft
10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I would much rather Eron be healthy for the season than risk being further hurt at GT. If he can't go, then we might as well find out now who our other playmakers are. There are several suspects, which is exciting!

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I would much rather Eron be healthy for the season than risk being further hurt at GT. If he can't go, then we might as well find out now who our other playmakers are. There are several suspects, which is exciting!
One we shouldn't forget is Raphael Chestnut who was a pretty good receiver last season before he got injured. This may be a good opportunity for him to step up, become more active in the offensive scheme.

Considering that Thadeus Lewis has connected with a number of different pass receivers over the course of this season, I'm thinking possibilities and opportunities, not doom and gloom.

jimsumner
10-03-2008, 01:02 PM
It should ne noted that ER's injury is a hand injury not the foot injury he had earlier in the season.

WR is Duke's deepest position. Chestnutt, Kelly, Williams, Bell, Ringfield, Woods, they think Varner is a keeper. But still, Riley has distanced himself, not just from other Duke receivers but from most other ACC receivers.

Play/no play are not the only possibilities. Play but with reduced effectiveness might be the most likely of all.

Inonehand
10-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I've heard from a reliable source that Eron is a tough kid who plays better on game day than he does during the week. What we used to call "varsity limp" - barely be able to walk during the week or between plays, but then play at 100% after the snap. He'll play.

I agree with Jim below that Duke doesn't stretch the truth when it comes to injury reports but agree with you too. I see Eron playing. I remember the Mike Junkin days, before he had to go off steroids ;), he hardly ever practiced then got 10 tackles and a sack every game...usually putting someone from the other team on the following week's injury report.

Atldukie79
10-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I understand that the Tech injury list is at least as long as ours, including their starting QB.

Lavabe
10-04-2008, 06:06 AM
I understand that the Tech injury list is at least as long as ours, including their starting QB.

As of Thursday, Nesbitt, the starting QB, is questionable with a hamstring. Tech is running most of the time. Nesbitt's back-up, frosh Jaybo Shaw, would get the start if Nesbitt can't do it. Shaw ran well in the MissSt game.