PDA

View Full Version : Duke Lands Stud LB Tyree Glover

CLT Devil
10-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Out of Crescent City, FLA. Hope he can be a big part of replacing the two great guys we'll lose after this season. Already has 59 tackles and 7 forced fumbles in 3 games this year...and benches 360 pounds...that's why I threw in the 'stud' part.

pfrduke
10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
He's averaging 20 tackles and more than 2 forced fumbles per game?!? holy cow, that's impressive...

roywhite
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Looks like a late bloomer, or a guy flying under the radar as far recruiting service ratings, etc. South Florida and UCF were also interested, though not sure if they offered.

But, Coach Cut and his staff may have found a guy with size and speed at the LB position. Since the class is nearly complete and only a few scholarship slots are available, the staff must have liked what they saw.

FireOgilvie
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Here is a video of him in action:

http://video.berecruited.com/videos/hscoaches/1000624/90387387

It says his GPA is 2.7 and his ACT is 20. I honestly have no idea how that compares to the rest of the team or other ACC schools.

Edit: I also saw somewhere he was recruited by Vanderbilt.

365Duke
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
HE looks great for a 18 year old kid. I just hope he did not pick out the song selection for his highlight reel.:eek:

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I just hope he did not pick out the song selection for his highlight reel.:eek:

They definitely need to lose the music selection.

Acymetric
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
HE looks great for a 18 year old kid. I just hope he did not pick out the song selection for his highlight reel.:eek:

For context, lets see what kind of music the fan favorite running back this year chose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcH854c9Ek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0MFrctfLw

For those of you who hadn't seen those videos, they are pretty great highlights. I've been excited to see this kid on the field since we signed him, and I haven't been disappointed!

I thought about looking through to find some songs by popular 70's and 80's artists with similarly negative themes but changed my mind. Rest assured, they're there. As much as I'd love to sit around and vilify rap (I think its pretty empty musically) the content isn't anything I have a problem with, at least not when compared to other popular music from the past half century.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-02-2008, 04:51 PM
For context, lets see what kind of music the fan favorite running back this year chose:

For those of you who hadn't seen those videos, they are pretty great highlights. I've been excited to see this kid on the field since we signed him, and I haven't been disappointed!

I thought about looking through to find some songs by popular 70's and 80's artists with similarly negative themes but changed my mind. Rest assured, they're there. As much as I'd love to sit around and vilify rap (I think its pretty empty musically) the content isn't anything I have a problem with, at least not when compared to other popular music from the past half century.

I think Jay's choice of music stinks too. I hope the linebacker is as good a player as Jay is turning out to be. Just don't play his music over the loud speakers in Wally Wade. I'm sure I wouldn't like the play list on most of our basketball players' I-pods either.

AtlBluRew
10-02-2008, 04:54 PM

I couldn't (wouldn't) finish watching just because of that selection. Is that music????

It was definitely overboard by the time the singer(?) said, "I'm a venereal disease."

All that said, the video must have impressed Coach Cut. It's kind of amusing to imagine him grooving to the music as he watched.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I couldn't (wouldn't) finish watching just because of that selection. Is that music????

It was definitely overboard by the time the singer(?) said, "I'm a venereal disease."

All that said, the video must have impressed Coach Cut. It's kind of amusing to imagine him grooving to the music as he watched.
Coach Cutcliffe is very good at cutting through the extraneous music to the truth of the matter!

365Duke
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM

I challenge you to find a song from the 50's-80's besides rap. That mentions VD and popping girls____. Its stupid.

Marvin Gaye/ Lets get it on was considered racey in its day, now a days they would sing it in preschool.

LetItBD08
10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I challenge you to find a song from the 50's-80's besides rap. That mentions VD and popping girls____.

I always found The Beatles' Run For Your Life (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Run-For-Your-Life-lyrics-The-Beatles/E62DECFE3805D87248256BC2001369B4) to be kind of unnecessarily violent. Just saying... No mention of VD though.

Great to see that we're building such a great foundation.

Duke09
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
is there anything on Scout about him? I didn't see him in their prospects list.

Devilsfan
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
He probably wasn't offered because of the competition he was playing. I feel safe to say the team in white wasn't Miami Carroll City. That said our #37 got passed Alabama and Auburn. Let's hope he's half as good.

Uncle Drew
10-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I challenge you to find a song from the 50's-80's besides rap. That mentions VD and popping girls____. Its stupid.

Marvin Gaye/ Lets get it on was considered racey in its day, now a days they would sing it in preschool.

Let me first say while I do enjoy some music, even Hip Hop that has been made in the last few years whatever that music was, well it SUCKED. Thankfully it could be muted long enough to see highlights of what looks like a good late addition and if he can bench as much as stated I'm even more impressed.

But speaking of 50's music I was flipping through stations the other day and ran across Elvis the pelivis singing Jailhouse Rock. Now back in the day, these lyrics were innocent. Now they sound a bit on the "pimp you out for a carton of cigarettes" side.

Number forty-seven said to number three:
Youre the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
I sure would be delighted with your company,
Come on and do the jailhouse rock with me.

Okay I've never been to jail, but if you told your cell mate that, wouldn't that be grounds for getting shanked in the shower?

The sad sack was a sittin on a block of stone
Way over in the corner weepin all alone.
The warden said, hey, buddy, dont you be no square.
If you cant find a partner use a wooden chair.

Sounds like someone is going to end up with splinters! It's not VD, but it's gotta be painful.

blazindw
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM

I haven't even watched the video yet, and I know what song you're talking about! A milli, a milli, a milli, a milli, a mi-a mi, a milli, a milli, a milli.....

watzone
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Chavez on recruiting an Tech -
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/duke/football/story/1241156.html

OZZIE4DUKE
10-03-2008, 04:59 PM
The warden said, hey, buddy, dont you be no square.
If you cant find a partner use a wooden chair.

Sounds like someone is going to end up with splinters! It's not VD, but it's gotta be painful.

Um, he's talking about DANCING with the chair, not having some sexual activity with it.

RainingThrees
10-03-2008, 05:09 PM
haha holy crap that was funny!!

Uncle Drew
10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Um, he's talking about DANCING with the chair, not having some sexual activity with it.

Okay Ozz, but "partner" does have an alternate meaning these days and if HE is the cutest (I have yet to hear of coed prisons) jailbird he ever did see, even dancing with that "partner" sounds a little, well forget all that. Just explain how you dance with a chair!? How do you know who leads? LMAO! This is all meant in fun and TOTALLY tongue in cheek in case anyone thinks I am remotely serious.

OZZIE4DUKE
10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay Ozz, but "partner" does have an alternate meaning these days and if HE is the cutest (I have yet to hear of coed prisons) jailbird he ever did see, even dancing with that "partner" sounds a little, well forget all that. Just explain how you dance with a chair!? How do you know who leads? LMAO! This is all meant in fun and TOTALLY tongue in cheek in case anyone thinks I am remotely serious.

Have you never seen the movie Jail House Rock? Go rent it.

You dance with a chair as a partner substitute, holding it as you might a live person. Just don't do a bump and grind :eek: