PDA

View Full Version : Ole Mess 31, #4 Florida 30

throatybeard
09-27-2008, 04:03 PM
What a shocking upset. Florida has a long history of coughing it up at Oxford, and Starkville, but this was in Gainesville. UF was favored in the low 20s.

This early timeslot has been amazing. Duke wins by 4 TDs, Carolina takes out Miami, Maryland wins at Clemson.

Oh, and Northwestern pulled it out 22-17 at Iowa. Our close loss to 5-0 Northwestern doesn't look so bad now.

Wander
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Wake's close win over Ole Miss doesn't look so bad now huh?

If Navy should happen to beat Wake:
Duke > Navy > Wake > Miss > Florida

Just sayin'....

Gunnar Kaufman
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
What a shocking upset. Florida has a long history of coughing it up at Oxford, and Starkville, but this was in Gainesville. UF was favored in the low 20s.

If this keeps up, could Ohio State back into the national title game once again?!

bigj4194
09-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Wake's close win over Ole Miss doesn't look so bad now huh?

If Navy should happen to beat Wake:
Duke > Navy > Wake > Miss > Florida

Just sayin'....

I like your analysis.

RainingThrees
09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
If Georgia beats Alabama they will be not only be on top the SEC but also on top the nation in my opinion.

footballfan2
09-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Just goes to show you why college sports is exciting. Teams that should win... lose and vice a versa.

Wander
09-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Wisconsin just lost too...

rockymtn devil
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
If this keeps up, could Ohio State back into the national title game once again?!

No. Ohio State needs a repeat of last year and then some. Pollsters will--understandably--go to great lengths to keep the Buckeyes out of the title picture especially after how they lost at USC. Wisconsin's loss today (how did they blow that lead to a bad Michigan team) hurts Ohio State. The lone big game Ohio State has left is PSU and, despite the Lions being very good, IMO, the perception of them nationally is not that strong (they still aren't top 10).

It's really a shame that they didn't have Wells in L.A. They would not have won that game, but it would've been much closer. It's a different team with him in the backfield and a close loss at USC would have kept the door open for the Buckeyes to get back into the discussion. With Wells and Pryor in the backfield, the Buckeyes are a great running team.

Gunnar Kaufman
09-27-2008, 09:12 PM
It's a different team with him in the backfield and a close loss at USC would have kept the door open for the Buckeyes to get back into the discussion. With Wells and Pryor in the backfield, the Buckeyes are a great running team.

This is precisely why I think voters would give OSU another look, provided that they keep winning and everyone around them keeps losing...it's a very different team now than it was a few weeks ago, with a different quarterback and a different running back.

gotoguy
09-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Gag me with a spoon. The Buckeyes are just hoping that they don't end up in a rematch with Ohio U in the Poulan Carquest bowl.

MulletMan
09-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Gag me with a spoon. The Buckeyes are just hoping that they don't end up in a rematch with Ohio U in the Poulan Carquest bowl.

Excellent post. You've really brought a lot to the board with that one.

So now that Alabama has DESTROYED UGa in Athens, are they worthy of No. 1? I caught the first two drives of the OU-TCU game and Bradford is unreal. I am really looking to the Red River Shoot Out now, but I have a hunch that OU is a head and shoulder above Texas. What a crazy day this has been... what 9 top 25 teams have lost and 4 in the top 10?

Also, I would say that PSU is getting a good bit of national respect. The guys on GameDay this morning were talking about them as a real NC contender... and let's face it... if they can beat OSU, they've got a shot of winning out. I think they'll be top 10... prolly about 7 next week.

My top 10 right now:

1. Oklahoma
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Missouri
5. Texas
6. Texas Tech
7. Penn State
8. USC
9.Georgia
10. BYU (Really? Did I just write that?)