PDA

View Full Version : Abby Waner update

jimsumner
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
"Duke University women’s basketball senior Abby Waner will serve as the ESPNU sideline reporter for the Virginia at Duke football game on Saturday, Sept. 27, which will be played at Wallace Wade Stadium at 12:00 p.m.

Waner be a part of the television talent for ESPNU which includes Dave Armstrong and Larry Coker. A product of Highlands Ranch, Colo., Waner is a part of the ESPNU Campus Connection, which consists of students around the nation who serve as campus correspondents. They report on their schools and their teams, filing reports and giving updates during the year.

Over the summer, Waner performed an internship at ESPN, she has done sideline reporting for the Duke Radio Network and has called men’s basketball games for Duke’s own Cable 13 television network over her career. She is currently serving as a features host for the David Cutcliffe’s Duke Football Show."

dkbaseball
09-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I thought she was about as good an analyst as I've heard doing the Duke men's exhibition game last year. A promising career path when she's done playing, perhaps.

jv001
09-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Abby makes us all proud. She is a ray of sunshine and best of luck to her and the WBB team this year.

watzone
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Abby is a multi talented youg women with bright future. She has really represented Duke well.

CameronBornAndBred
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I was thinking to myself that she'll have Jay Bilas' job one day, but I bet she will be doing even more than him. She seems multi-faceted, if she's handling a football game, so will be able to represent more than just basketball. Best of luck to her, expecially in the upcoming season!

jimsumner
09-26-2008, 01:44 PM
"A promising career path when she's done playing, perhaps."

Keep in mind that the WNBA season doesn't really overlap with the college-basketball season. So it is entirely possible that the career paths could overlap.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Abby is a multi talented youg women with bright future. She has really represented Duke well.

She does a nice job on the David Cutcliffe Duke football show. When she graduates, the world will be at her feet!

ugadevil
09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I was thinking to myself that she'll have Jay Bilas' job one day, but I bet she will be doing even more than him. She seems multi-faceted, if she's handling a football game, so will be able to represent more than just basketball. Best of luck to her, expecially in the upcoming season!

She'll take Erin Andrews' job. Erin will be retiring from ESPN and moving in with me. Take that Throaty!

MulletMan
09-27-2008, 11:03 PM
She'll take Erin Andrews' job. Erin will be retiring from ESPN and moving in with me. Take that Throaty!

Whoa.... tread lightly, my man. You don't know what Throaty is capable of. Especially after a Pepsi 152.

CameronBornAndBred
09-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Saw her on the sidelines, how'd she do?

duke74
09-28-2008, 08:33 AM

Got it here in NYC on ESPNU. Very articulate and likeable. My ignorance, but this was my first time seeing her in this role. Professional in demeanor and performance.

zingit
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
We saw her interviewing Henderson and Singler on the sidelines. Anyone remember what they said?

killerleft
09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Singler and Henderson just doing some general yakkin' 'bout the students at Wally Wade and Coach K's Olympic greatness. Kyle, I think, was intimidated by Abby. Along with her obvious love of the camera, she's become even prettier!

bird
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Abby makes me proud of Duke.

Lavabe
09-29-2008, 12:41 PM

She was good. However, the ESPNU folks had microphone problems with her several times.

She did a good feature about the Duke Lemur Center!:cool:

Cheers,
Lavabe

burnspbesq
09-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Got it here in NYC on ESPNU. Very articulate and likeable. My ignorance, but this was my first time seeing her in this role. Professional in demeanor and performance.

If the Duke women don't make the Final Four, ESPN should hire her immediately as a studio analyst. She will be there anyway for the WNBA draft, and she's got to be better than Kara Lawson.