PDA

View Full Version : Top Old School Sports Venues

DukeDevil
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Not sure if someone already caught this, but Cameron is listed at number 4.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/pgStory?contentId=8595918#sport=MLB&photo=8594650

DukeUsul
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I like the concept of this list better than the other one that was posted a few days ago. This appears to be a pretty good list, although I'd quibble that Fenway should be #1. But having Wrigley ahead of Fenway isn't some big insult like having the Mall of America ahead of Cameron.

killerleft
09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Cameron can rub elbows with the best of the best.

Turk
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, that was a mildly amusing little list. Putting Cameron behind Wrigley, Fenway, and Lambeau is pretty high praise.

A while ago, I traded emails with a guy who had seen games in both Phog Allen and Cameron and said he'd actually call it a tossup from a pure basketball experience point of view.

But the Pit?!? Oh please, that's just silly. You want old school, gotta get the Palestra in Philly on there. When it's packed for a good game, your ears will still be ringing an hour or two later. And it will be from people screaming their lungs out, not because of four dozen 1,000 watt speakers that are never turned off.

And the Igloo is a nice place to watch a game, but it has nothing on Cameron Square Garden. That needs to be on the Top Ten list too...

phaedrus
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I've gone to games in 3 of the top 4 (not Fenway). Nothing compares to Cameron.

weezie
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
"This is the single most intense venue in American sports"

Amen, brother. And it's all ours.