PDA

View Full Version : USC has caused me to soil my pants

throatybeard
09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I have probably jinxed it by starting this thread, but Oregon State is up 21-0 at the H on SoCal.

Wander
09-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I remember a little while ago claiming that Missouri had the best offense in the country and someone here telling me I was wrong, because it was USC... :D

ugadevil
09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
See...when people were talking about OSU giving USC trouble, this is what they meant!

roywhite
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I watched Penn State destroy this Oregon State team (it was 35-7 at half), so I'm particularly surprised to see this result against USC. But....Go, Beavers!

FireOgilvie
09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
I think USC will still pull it off.

Edit: Apparently they just scored... 21 - 7.

rockymtn devil
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I have probably jinxed it by starting this thread, but Oregon State is up 21-0 at the H on SoCal.

Didn't you say in the Ohio State-USC thread that the Trojans would lose to someone like Oregon State? Well played.

Of course, SC seems to be on tracks and I expect them to win. Still, good observation.

Uncle Drew
09-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Okay I have to say it, if it gets me banned or points I accept my fate. Those beavers are wearing out a lot of trojans.

RelativeWays
09-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Okay I have to say it, if it gets me banned or points I accept my fate. Those beavers are wearing out a lot of trojans.

You have to watch out for the Cougars with Husky voices, especially when they Bear down on their target, they're like Wildcats. Better Duck, there's trouble Bruin. Women are trouble Sun, Devils they are.

dkbaseball
09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
You have to watch out for the Cougars with Husky voices, especially when they Bear down on their target, they're like Wildcats. Better Duck, there's trouble Bruin. Women are trouble Sun, Devils they are.

No worries. They won't be able to get at me in the bar. You know, what with not having their ID Cardinal.

Hey, this could happen. OSU 1st down at midfield, nine minutes to go.

CameronBornAndBred
09-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Totally worth any points. That's great!

EarlJam
09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow. Looks like USC may bite it tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if they came back to win though. Either way, a USC loss does Georgia a ton of good,

HOWEVER..........

Georgia will absolutely, positively, no-doubt-about-it LOSE to Alabama at Georgia this weekend.

EarlJam will NOT get burned trusting his gut again.

I will bet anyone, and GIVE Georgia six (6) points.

-EarlJam, who will actually be pulling for Georgia

wilson
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I will bet anyone, and GIVE Georgia six (6) points.

I'll take that action. I bet you a 12-pack of Anchor Steam.

EarlJam
09-25-2008, 11:56 PM

Oh it's ON like Donkey Kong.

Witness?

-EJ

devildeac
09-25-2008, 11:57 PM

Make it two mixed 6ers-that way you get to sample more beers and post more on the "ymm, beer" thread:o:D

EarlJam
09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
By the way, Admittedly Sophmoric Humor....

Trojans and Beavers.

PfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffT!!!

:)

-Earl the frick Jam

wilson
09-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Word. I can't wait to drink my free beer.

BlueintheFace
09-26-2008, 12:15 AM
INT, what a terrible performance. OU is definitely the best in the country.

EarlJam
09-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Sanchez sucks.

ugadevil
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
INT, what a terrible performance. OU is definitely the best in the country.

Easy tiger. There are still a lot of good teams and a lot of games to decide who the best team is.

ugadevil
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't know about losing to Alabama but I'm nervous about the 3 games against Florida, LSU, & Auburn. WHY THIS SCHEDULE!? WHY THIS YEAR!?

Side note - The Oregon State team might not survive the fans rushing the field after this game.

rockymtn devil
09-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Easy tiger. There are still a lot of good teams and a lot of games to decide who the best team is.

UGA is the best team in America. OU has an iffy defense and a propensity to lose bad games. Georgia probably will lose along the way (have you seen that schedule!) but the BCS isn't always about pitting the two best teams. Also, don't discount BYU...and I don't mean just for a BCS bid. The Cougars are good and, if the chips falls correctly, they could end up in Miami. They are the last non-BCS conference team to win a National Title.

Note: I proclaimed two weeks ago that USC was head and shoulders above the rest of the country. My opinions are bad, at best. Georgia, you should be worried.

RelativeWays
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I hope Bama puts the yellow hammer to UGA this weekend.

ugadevil
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
"I'm hidin' behind the linemen. I'm a small dude and they couldn't find me." Classic quote from the Oregon State running back.

ugadevil
09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
UGA is the best team in America. OU has an iffy defense and a propensity to lose bad games. Georgia probably will lose along the way (have you seen that schedule!) but the BCS isn't always about pitting the two best teams. Also, don't discount BYU...and I don't mean just for a BCS bid. The Cougars are good and, if the chips falls correctly, they could end up in Miami. They are the last non-BCS conference team to win a National Title.

Note: I proclaimed two weeks ago that USC was head and shoulders above the rest of the country. My opinions are bad, at best. Georgia, you should be worried.

Georgia also has a tendency to lose games they shouldn't. See - Last year vs. South Carolina. See - 2002 against Florida when the Dawgs should have dominated (their only loss that year). Still a loooooooong way to go for the Dawgs.

Uncle Drew
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Gotta hand it to OSU they played great. One point I just wanted to make. I'm not fan of the color orange. But the sea of orange looked VERY impressive. I hope in the very, very near future we can go to a game at WW and see a jam packed crowd with Duke blue on everyone in the stadium except the visiting team.

Nice win OSU. GO DUKE!

CameronBornAndBred
09-26-2008, 12:40 AM
2-1 baby!

CameronBornAndBred
09-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Duke 2-1
USC 2-1

That's all I got.

BD80
09-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Duke 2-1
USC 2-1

That's all I got.

Duke is undefeated in conference. USC 0-1.

BlueintheFace
09-26-2008, 01:41 AM

hence the present tense "is"!

devildeac
09-26-2008, 08:10 AM

glad your beer reviews are:rolleyes::D much better than your college FB reviews

throatybeard
09-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Didn't you say in the Ohio State-USC thread that the Trojans would lose to someone like Oregon State? Well played.

Of course, SC seems to be on tracks and I expect them to win. Still, good observation.

I'm a genius.

Either that, or USC does this a lot.

whereinthehellami
09-26-2008, 08:52 AM
What a choke by USC. OSU isn't even that good. Petey Carrol must be beside himself. It should be a fun week of practices for the inmates this week.

BD80
09-26-2008, 01:28 PM
What a choke by USC. OSU isn't even that good. Petey Carrol must be beside himself. It should be a fun week of practices for the inmates this week.

I hear he has canceled the team's weekly pedicure and has restricted each player's posse to six at practices and three at the next game. The team will be sharing the large bottles of Perrier instead of having individual bottles cooled to personal preferences. I understand Carrol is so angry that foie gras is off the training table for the entire week! He is even considering locking the locker room tanning beds until they win again. So much for his reputation as a player's coach!

RainingThrees
09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
How far should USC be knocked down after that loss? I would say nearly out of the top 10.

sue71, esq
09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I... I... I just can't. I'm going to the corner to cry now. :(

brevity
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
How far should USC be knocked down after that loss? I would say nearly out of the top 10.

I agree, if only to make history. Right now the top 10 (in both polls) is USC, Wisconsin, 4 SEC teams, and 4 Big XII teams. Only 4 conferences are represented this week.

Not picking sides, but say Alabama beats Georgia and #12 Penn State beats Illinois. Georgia will slide down some but stay in the top 10. Penn State leapfrogs #11 BYU and replaces USC in next week's top 10, which will then contain teams from only 3 different conferences.

Even if that doesn't happen, it's interesting to note that, by definition, 6 more teams in the current Top 10 will have to lose at least one game. Oh, and Wisconsin does play Penn State. By the end of this season, the top 10 will probably look nothing like it does now.

It's still not a playoff, but it's something.

rockymtn devil
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM

BYU, you're now on notice. Same goes for Penn State, who I mentioned in another thread.

Georgia was too tight when that game started last night. I think the whole "blackout" theme was a bad idea. When you start the season ranked #1, having a theme game in September just doesn't seem like a good idea. I also thought that the Georgia coaching staff was too slow to make adjustments. It was clear pretty early on that Alabama's D-line was too much for the Georgia O-line. The Dawgs needed to start exploiting that with screens and draws in the first quarter. It would've scaled back some of the Tide aggressiveness.

ugadevil
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Georgia was too tight when that game started last night. I think the whole "blackout" theme was a bad idea. When you start the season ranked #1, having a theme game in September just doesn't seem like a good idea.

As someone who was in attendance for the first black out against Auburn last season, I don't think it was a bad idea against Alabama. Most people who will criticize the decision were not there and they didn't see the affect it had on the team and on the crowd during that game. However, what made the atmosphere truly electric in the first game was the fact that no one had any idea the team would wear black, and when they came sprinting out in black jerseys, the place exploded. Also, everyone (media) has been talking about how the jerseys only really affect the atmosphere for the first five or ten minutes of the game and then it has no impact. Once again, as someone who was there, the energy level stayed the same and actually increased at the beginning of the 4th quarter. There was just a certain buzz that came with that environment. I completely understand why Coach Richt thought it would be a good idea because he saw the affect it had last time. Also, his seniors asked for it and he felt like they deserved it. He'll be criticized for it but that's fine because he'll just continue to bring in top 10 recruiting classes of great players who want to play for a coach like that.

Unfortunately (as a Georgia fan), the atmosphere didn't really make any difference. Last night, Georgia could have been clad in the armor of knights and the Alabama line probably would have still bulled right through them. 'Bama came out and executed their gameplan to perfection and could not have played any better in the first half. They exploited the weakness of Georgia and the Bulldogs were unable to respond. The o-line and d-line were questionable before the season ever began for the Dawgs. Once Sturdivant went down on offense and Jeff Owens was out for the season on defense, the lines became even more questionable. Alabama took full advantage and dominated the game. Alabama will be tough to beat if they can execute consistently like they did last night. In any level of football, if you control the line of scrimmage, you're going to have a great chance to win.