PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer

JBDuke
03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
... just had a monster quarter.

Held to just 5 points in the first half by the Wizards, The Polar Bear dropped 20 points and grabbed 9 rebounds in the third quarter tonight.

For those that don't pay attention to this sort of thing, Carlos has just been a monster all year. He's averaging 21 and 12, which puts him 4th in the league in rebounding, 6th in FG%, and 4th in double-doubles (behind only Garnett, Howard, and Nash). Selected for the All-Star game, he couldn't play due to a knee bruise that kept him out a few games right around the break.

UPDATE: Carlos finished with 41 pts. and 16 boards. The 41 is a new career high. This after a first half of just 5 and 2. Wow.

JasonEvans
03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
There were actually some folks in Utah who questioned the wisdom of the signing of him last season and some speculated that the Jazz might try to trade him.

Not
Anymore.

He is widely considered one of the top few PFs in all of basketball and could make a push for 3rd team All-NBA this season.

--Jason "who would have thought that Boozer would be the best Dukie in the NBA today?" Evans

Duvall
03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
--Jason "who would have thought that Boozer would be the best Dukie in the NBA today?" Evans

Imagine how good he would be if he had learned from a real big man coach.

phaedrus
03-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Imagine how good he would be if he had learned from a real big man coach.

yeah, him and that other pretty good low-post guy that played at duke. marlon brando i think it was, or elton john. something like that.

re: boozer, it was my understanding not that he had a knee bruise, but that he actually broke his leg and was playing again within a few weeks. this after being called out for supposedly not playing through pain last year.

JBDuke
03-26-2007, 11:46 PM
re: boozer, it was my understanding not that he had a knee bruise, but that he actually broke his leg and was playing again within a few weeks. this after being called out for supposedly not playing through pain last year.

According to NBA.com, it was a hairline fracture in the head of his left fibula. He was out four weeks around the All-Star break. He missed 8 games and saw reduced action in a few more. If not for his injury, he'd be ahead of Nash and maybe pushing Howard for the second most double-doubles this year.

juise
03-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry to veer off-topic, but I have similar comments to add about another former Blue Devil. I caught some of the Bulls-Blazers game tonight and Luol had a career-high 38 points on 18-25 shooting. I can only imagine what he would have done in this, his fourth year at Duke. (Though I have to believe that JJ wouldn't have broken the scoring record had he stayed.)

Oriole Way
03-26-2007, 11:48 PM
UPDATE: Carlos finished with 41 pts. and 16 boards. The 41 is a new career high. This after a first half of just 5 and 2. Wow.

And on the very same night Luol Deng drops a career-high 38 for the Bulls, and J.J. Redick scoring 12 - the most points and minutes off the Orlando bench tonight.

Even Dahntay Jones had a career best game a couple nights ago, to go along with Mike Dunleavy playing well of late. Not a bad stretch for Duke alums.

phaedrus
03-26-2007, 11:54 PM
speaking of dahntay's inferno, anyone surprised that after being most valuable to us as a scorer, he has gained a reputation as a perimeter stopper who contributes little on offense? seems like a turnaround to me. maybe i'm forgetting his defensive prowess for us.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-27-2007, 12:02 AM
speaking of dahntay's inferno, anyone surprised that after being most valuable to us as a scorer, he has gained a reputation as a perimeter stopper who contributes little on offense? seems like a turnaround to me. maybe i'm forgetting his defensive prowess for us.

May the defensive stopper score 26 points in all his games!

Nice to see our guys doing so well in the league, although watching Luol and Sean (I know he's out injured for the rest of the season) in Cameron for 21 games this season would have been sweet. I bet we would still be playing this weekend if they here. But what could have been ... was.

Continued good luck to all former Blue Devils.

phaedrus
03-27-2007, 12:36 AM
May the defensive stopper score 26 points in all his games!

Nice to see our guys doing so well in the league, although watching Luol and Sean (I know he's out injured for the rest of the season) in Cameron for 21 games this season would have been sweet. I bet we would still be playing this weekend if they here. But what could have been ... was.

Continued good luck to all former Blue Devils.

is that what he put up tonight? good for him if so. i haven't watched him play much (who would watch memphis play?) - my post was based on things i've read from nba writers.

juise
03-27-2007, 12:52 AM
...although watching Luol and Sean (I know he's out injured for the rest of the season) in Cameron for 21 games this season would have been sweet.

It's a good thing Shaun Livingston's name was on Jumbo's spelling list or you would have been in big trouble. ;)

juise
03-27-2007, 12:54 AM
is that what he put up tonight? good for him if so. i haven't watched him play much (who would watch memphis play?) - my post was based on things i've read from nba writers.

He scored 26 on Saturday. Tonight he had 12 (on 5-11 from the floor in 20 minutes).

crimsondevil
03-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I read in another post that the "Dukies in the (fill in the blank)" has gone away permanently. Is this true? If so, why? I liked it...