PDA

View Full Version : Can Hansbrough run down JJ?

moonpie23
09-24-2008, 10:56 PM
i don't want to be a buzz stripper or anything, but, with all those guys together...if the gameplan is "get the ball to tyler, get the ball to tyler, and of course, when the game is close, get the ball to tyler....

what does he have to average to run down JJ in points?

sorry, but i have a carolina "buddy" (oxy-marroon) who keeps slamming me with this...

misery loves company and all that...

RainingThrees
09-24-2008, 11:00 PM
He might in the official stats but not in my stat book. Any time you take that many free throws to get your points it automatically put you in a class below those like JJ.

Skitzle
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
He might in the official stats but not in my stat book. Any time you take that many free throws to get your points it automatically put you in a class below those like JJ.

That's a BS argument

JJ still scored 24% of points off free throws (662 2769)

Hansborough is at 35% percent (773/2168)

But how many more points did JJ have from 3? It goes both ways...

Also Hansborough plays 36 games (his 3 year average) and scores 17 points per he'll break JJ's record

So yeah... I consider it broken

ugadevil
09-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I predict a freak injury that takes Tyler out for the majority of the season. A torn ab muscle will bother him for his senior year. How you ask?

Ping Pong (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m8AzP-S-ls)

godukecom
09-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Hans will break the scoring record... but I would never have traded the two. UNC can keep 50, 4 will always be a special dukey!

Lord Ash
09-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah he will break it.

35 percent? That is INSANE. And to equate 3s to free throws is a bit off.

DukieBoy
09-25-2008, 07:46 AM
And to equate 3s to free throws is a bit off.

Even if J.J. made 3s look like free throws :)

weezie
09-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Plus, JJ is way cuter and long ago gave up wearing bangs...as at maybe age 4.

ugadevil
09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Plus, JJ is way cuter and long ago gave up wearing bangs...as at maybe age 4.

No, No, No, No. There was definitely a time in J.J.'s life where he rocked some bangs. Believe me. I've been asked to sign autographs before because people thought I was him. It was certainly not because of my jump shot.

weezie
09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
No, No, No, No. There was definitely a time in J.J.'s life where he rocked some bangs. Believe me. I've been asked to sign autographs before because people thought I was him. It was certainly not because of my jump shot.

I stand corrected then.
So, you're cure, too? ;)

hurleyfor3
09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Handsblowblow can have it as long as like JJ, he runs into an officiating crew that bounces his team out in the sweet 16. And I think this is highly likely, although maybe not until a later round.

sue71, esq
09-25-2008, 01:35 PM

See now, this requires photographic evidence. A Separated At Birth, perhaps? ;)

Cameron
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
There's only one JJ look-a-like and that is "JJ" from Chicago, Duke Basketball Camp station coach.

Buckeye Devil
09-27-2008, 08:28 AM
If Hans breaks the record, there should be an asterik beside his name and the total points with the explanation that a third of the points came as a result of uncalled traveling violations.