Western Kentucky at Virginia Tech, 1:30 pm

Florida State at Miami, ABC (ESPN2*), 3:30 pm

Connecticut at North Carolina, ESPN2 or ESPNU, 7 pm

Maryland at Virginia, ESPNU or ESPN 360, 7 pm

* Regional ABC telecast, shown to other parts of the country on ESPN2

Platforms for Maryland-Virginia and Connecticut-North Carolina will be decided

after the games of Sept. 27.

ESPN 360 is ESPN’s video streaming platform

It is really cool that Duke will be on TV again. But gosh do I love 7:00 starts, and watching the game under the lights. Oh well, soon we'll be such a high status program that we will be the featured Thursday night, national TV game, and then I can have both.

CameronBornAndBred
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Crudbuckets. Up until now it hasn't mattered, but I don't get ESPNU. I'd have to buy the whole sports package to do it. If I know they will have Duke every game, I'd be tempted.

killerleft
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey, we get to see an away game! I like it!

DevilWolf
09-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Crudbuckets. Up until now it hasn't mattered, but I don't get ESPNU. I'd have to buy the whole sports package to do it. If I know they will have Duke every game, I'd be tempted.

Do you know any State fans? They might have ESPNU from basketball season.

JimBD
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM

ESPNU does occasionally show a Duke game which is not shown anywhere else. However, if you buy the sports package to get all the Fox sports channels, don't count on getting to see the Duke games carried on Fox (even though you paid for the the Fox channels and even if the games are more than 1,000 miles away). Directv consistently blacks out Duke games on Fox. Prepare to get irate with no reasonable explanation and no customer service from Directv.

DukeFencer
09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I live in Atlanta and some fellow '07-ers are coming in for the weekend so we can all go to the game. Does anything happen pre-game in the Duke circuit that we should plan for?

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
I live in Atlanta and some fellow '07-ers are coming in for the weekend so we can all go to the game. Does anything happen pre-game in the Duke circuit that we should plan for?
The Devil Walk is a new tradition started by Coach Cutcliffe. It's a great opportunity to cheer the players and show your support as they head to the stadium for the game. The walk begins at the Chapel about 2 1/2 hours prior to kick off and continues across campus through the Card Gym lot.

Edouble
09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
The Devil Walk is a new tradition started by Coach Cutcliffe. It's a great opportunity to cheer the players and show your support as they head to the stadium for the game. The walk begins at the Chapel about 2 1/2 hours prior to kick off and continues across campus through the Card Gym lot.

Keep in mind he's asking about pre-game Duke activity in Atlanta.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Keep in mind he's asking about pre-game Duke activity in Atlanta.
You're right! It would be great if they could join us in Durham some Saturday this season.

dukeberto
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM

DukeFencer, the Duke club of Atlanta is hosting a tailgate next to the Tech stadium. Check out www.dukealumni.com/atlanta for more details. I know a bunch of us from '08 will be there.

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
ESPNU does occasionally show a Duke game which is not shown anywhere else.

UVA fans would have benefited. All except for one of their games up to 10/04 has or will be on ESPNU. Then lone exception was the first game, on ESPN2.

DukePA
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Drive on up the island for the game. We have ESPNU.

GO DUKE!!!

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Drive on up the island for the game. We have ESPNU.

GO DUKE!!!

Yay, my heroine!

DukeFencer
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
You're right! It would be great if they could join us in Durham some Saturday this season.

Of course! I will be up for the homecoming game and the UNC game as well (family is starting a new tradition of Thanksgiving in Durham so that made the decision easy!) I keep up with the Chronicle and have been following the start of these new "traditions" but have never been to an away game so didn't know what goes on at these!

I will check out the atlanta page - thanks for the info!

and by the way, DukeFencer is a she! :)

watzone
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
It is really cool that Duke will be on TV again. But gosh do I love 7:00 starts, and watching the game under the lights. Oh well, soon we'll be such a high status program that we will be the featured Thursday night, national TV game, and then I can have both.

Two players told me they prefered night games today. I do too. However, since the Tech game is on the road, I am cool with a noon start;)

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Two players told me they prefered night games today. I do too. However, since the Tech game is on the road, I am cool with a noon start;)
I'm thinking as the season progresses, most people will be. But September noon games need to go.