PDA

View Full Version : Do Have "Sensitive" Times On Here?

grizzly1
03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I was just perusing a UNC board (not commenting, just reading), and found a note from the moderator stating that anyone posting any negative comment about UNC would be blacklisted.

That kind of stuff does not take place here, does it? I like for everyone to be able to voice their two-cents, no matter how idiotic.

Karl Beem
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, that should cut down the traffic.:rolleyes:

Uncle Drew
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I was just perusing a UNC board (not commenting, just reading), and found a note from the moderator stating that anyone posting any negative comment about UNC would be blacklisted.

That kind of stuff does not take place here, does it? I like for everyone to be able to voice their two-cents, no matter how idiotic.

That's the UNC way! Write an anti-UNC letter to the editor of your local paper and see if it gets printed. Their journalism grads dictate what the masses hear and read in an attempt to sway public opinion in their favor. (And of course against Duke.) DBR not only allows UNC fans / grads to come on the site and rub salt in the wound, I'd be willing to bet they view not doing so would be a violation of freedom of speach. At the same time they have enough common sense to take fanatical pro-Duke anti-UNC statements and penalize the writer. It would be interesting to hear the viewpoints of the site moderators on the subject.

grizzly1
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
That's a good place to begin this determination - the guys who run the show here. I just think that''s poor form to place out a warning against people saying negative things. But they prefer to drown their sorrows by focusing on why Duke is worse than them. Whatever.

throatybeard
03-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Do Have "Sensitive" Times On Here?

What is this supposed to mean?

LetItBD08
03-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Do you have a link to that page? I'm curious to see how they'd word that.

Indoor66
03-26-2007, 04:41 PM
insidecarolina.com

xenic
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM

Well, I suppose that depends on what you mean specifically:

here are a few ways that you could get banned at this site (excerpts from the Infraction/Banning Policy):

“Destructively Negative” – Creative wordsmithing, to be sure, but it means the opposite of constructive criticism, especially in the context of Duke players and coaches. Example: Unacceptable: “Duke Player X is abysmal, a complete liability, and couldn’t rebound if he was the only player on the court.” Acceptable: “Duke Player X really needs to work on his rebounding and ability to block out over the summer.”

“Rational Sounding but Trolling” – Snarky and semi-insulting comments mainly to get under the skin of posters and generally coming from a fan of an opposing school.

“Insane and Trolling” – An example would be someone coming on the boards after a Duke loss and posting, “BWAAAHAHAHAA!!! Duke sucks!!!! And your cheerleaders look like dogs!!!” In other words, a typical post on InsideCarolina.

LetItBD08
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
insidecarolina.com

I mean specifically. I looked through their message boards a little, but couldn't find what you guys were talking about. Is it a general rule that we don't post links from other message boards here?