PDA

View Full Version : coach Mike Krzyzewski on "Charlie Rose" tonight

chiduke
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
"Charlie Rose" (11 p.m.September 19, Channel 20): Basketball players Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant and coach Mike Krzyzewski.

hope someone got it

http://blogs.suntimes.com/tv/2008/09/tv_talk_today_fridays_chatshow.html

chiduke
09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
for those who missed it, you can catch it at charlierose.com. usually they have it up the next day.

heyman25
09-20-2008, 03:44 AM
That was an excellent 20 minute conversation featuring Kobe Bryant from Newport Beach, CA home of Bill Gross and the Pimco Fund, one of the wealthiest and most influential Duke alumni, Coach K at Duke University and Jason Kidd with Charlie Rose in his New York Studio. I wish they could do it again with LeBron and Dwyane. That was a refreshing moment in Television.

chiduke
09-20-2008, 05:13 AM
Some recap of the show:

Charlie: "Welcome guys and thanks for coming on the show. Congratulations on winning the gold."

All three: "Thanks Charlie, we're glad to be here."

Charlie: "Lets start with you Mike, or Coach, as they like to call you. Is this bigger than anything you've ever been a part of before?"

Coach K: "Certainly up there. The whole experience was amazing. It was big, but not bigger than Jason Kidd's son's head. I heard NASA mistakenly landed the Mars rover on his dome once."

Jason: "What the (bleep) Coach?"

:::Kobe and Coach K laugh hysterically and high five each other:::

91_92_01_10_15
09-21-2008, 11:58 AM
"Charlie Rose" (11 p.m.September 19, Channel 20): Basketball players Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant and coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Thanks for the post. Here's the link:

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/9/19/2/a-discussion-about-us-basketball

At the end, Kobe says it's 100% true that he he wanted to play for Coach K and Jason says he should have gone to Duke. I bet that won't hurt recruiting any.

Jim3k
09-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Some recap of the show:

Charlie: "Welcome guys and thanks for coming on the show. Congratulations on winning the gold."

All three: "Thanks Charlie, we're glad to be here."

Charlie: "Lets start with you Mike, or Coach, as they like to call you. Is this bigger than anything you've ever been a part of before?"

Coach K: "Certainly up there. The whole experience was amazing. It was big, but not bigger than Jason Kidd's son's head. I heard NASA mistakenly landed the Mars rover on his dome once."

Jason: "What the (bleep) Coach?"

:::Kobe and Coach K laugh hysterically and high five each other:::

Very amusing, but....fictional

heyman25
09-22-2008, 08:11 AM
I just read the amount of assets Bill Gross's Pimco Fund manages. Last bit of financial news on thread.

William H. Gross, chief investment officer of Pimco, which manages about $830 billion in assets, would like to be an asset manager for the government but said he had not been in touch with Henry M. Paulson Jr., the Treasury secretary, over the weekend. Mr. Gross is among the financial executives Mr. Paulson, who previously headed Goldman Sachs, has regularly consulted with since the financial crisis began.
I think after he left Duke he worked as a dealer at blackjack tables in Las Vegas.
I wonder if Kobe might drop in some day at The Coach K center like Yao did last spring.I hope he sends his children to Duke.

Indoor66
09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
You can hear the Charlie Rose (Duke Law - '65) interview here: http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/9/19/2/a-discussion-about-us-basketball