PDA

View Full Version : Colorado 17, West Virginia 14 (OT)

throatybeard
09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm glad ESPN made the connection I did--these are probably my two favorite mountainest states. They keep playing the John Denver song as a theme song for the matchup. I can't believe he's been dead 11 years.

CU scored quickly twice. As we saw against ECU, WVU may have a highly suspect D.

Wander
09-18-2008, 11:35 PM
The stadium elevation was my favorite trivia question on an ESPN game so far this year.

I was hoping for a shootout after those first few minutes...

whereinthehellami
09-19-2008, 08:42 AM
What was WVU thinking by giving Coach Stewart a contract extension? WVU is going to really miss RichRod. They are blowing what should be a good year and a once in the program type talent in Pat White.

A-Tex Devil
09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Agreed. That coach is in way over his head. If it wasn't the poor clock management, the fact that he lined up a traditional running play on 3rd down in overtime blew my mind.

Your best running back on the bench with a helmet issue? Put someone else's helmet on him!! There were only 2 plays to call there, the zone read, or the sweep to Devine. THose plays picked up at least 3-5 yards all night. Instead they called the one play Colorado showed all night long they could stop.

Did enjoy the John Denver coming in and out of breaks, though.

Buckeye Devil
09-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Their season is not over yet. They could very well end up playing in a BCS game given that they play in the Big East which is not exactly a powerhouse football conference. South Florida is probably the biggest obstacle to a league championship.

WVU fans I know complained of Rod's playcalling saying that he only called about 8 plays out of the playbook. I grow tired of their obnoxious behavior so keep the losses coming. At least now there will be no talk about WVU in the NC game.