Louisiana State (-2.5) at Auburn
Virginia Tech (+2.5) at North Carolina
Wake Forest (+4) at Florida State
Notre Dame (+9) at Michigan State
East Carolina (-7.5) at NC State
Miami-FL (-3.5) at Texas A&M
Florida (-7.5) at Tennessee
Georgia (-7) at Arizona State

Carolina being favored surprises me a little. Amazingly, Wake Forest won 30-0 last time they went to Tallahassee.

CameronBornAndBred
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
BIG game for WVU tonite. (And their coach)
The games I'll be watching are
State - ECU. Should be a good one, pulling for ECU to continue their season.
VT - UNC. I hope Tech beats the snot out of Carolina.
Wake - FSU. Pulling for Wake, have not had a chance to watch them yet, this should be a good game to see how both teams really are.

RelativeWays
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
West Virginia (-3) at Colorado -- tonight WVU

Mississippi State (+8) at Georgia Tech GT (better than people think, particularly in Atl)

Alabama (-9) at Arkansas Bama by 10

Louisiana State (-2.5) at Auburn LSU by 6

Virginia Tech (+2.5) at North Carolina I can't tell about this one, is VT really bad or is UNC pretty good. This is the year for the ACC underlings to pull one on VT. UNC by 3.

Wake Forest (+4) at Florida State FSU by 10 (didn't they play at FSU last year?, noles in the upset...it really is bizarro world)

Notre Dame (+9) at Michigan State ND by 13

East Carolina (-7.5) at NC State ECU by 21

Miami-FL (-3.5) at Texas A&M Another hard one to call, A&M by 7

Florida (-7.5) at Tennessee This isn't the Vols year, UF by 14

Georgia (-7) at Arizona State UGA needs a statement game or people are going to forget why they were ever preseason no. 1. Az St is pretty good, though and this is the type of game that spells upset. Sun Devils by 3.

Buckeye Devil
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
That's a pretty sizeable spread for a ND road team. I think a horrible Michigan team made ND look a little better than they really are last week. The Big 10 takes its lumps and deservingly so at times, but if I am a betting man I take MSU and the points.

jv001
09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
That's a pretty sizeable spread for a ND road team. I think a horrible Michigan team made ND look a little better than they really are last week. The Big 10 takes its lumps and deservingly so at times, but if I am a betting man I take MSU and the points.
I read somewhere the road team has won 7 straight between these two teams. So I don't know about this one.

kinghoops
09-19-2008, 10:49 PM
i will take state and the points, something tells me state is going to win this game, i will take va tech plus the points, think they will wim outright, i will also take fla state and the points. should be interesting on sat nite to see how these work out

rockymtn devil
09-19-2008, 11:39 PM

"You got no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive!"

...actually, in this game, I have no fear of the underdog. Spartans by 21.

A-Tex Devil
09-20-2008, 10:17 AM
The games that have been winning for me (for entertainment purposes only, of course) have been taking the favorite with big lines. OU, Mizzou and Penn State have been rainmakers. This is probably the last week we can count on that before conference play starts, but I'm going to continue to ride that wave this week and take:

BYU -28.5 Wyoming (Wyoming has a horrible offense)
Penn State -29.5 Temple (Temple is better but PSU has been dropping 30+ in the first half every week)
Purdue -10.5 Central Michigan (Central Michigan always gets blown out by decent BCS conference teams. Look it up).

One of SEC road underdogs will win outright today, I just can't figure out which one (maybe Arkansas?) so I am staying away from that. I am teasing Arkansas up to +15.5 and Florida down to -2 so there is some rooting interest in those games other than, you know, who wins and who loses. :-)

Other games:
I agree on Miami over A&M. A&M is bad.

Not a lot of games I'm comfortable with this week, but I think the Ole Miss, Ga Tech, East Carolina and Michigan State lines are all too big.

Man I wish I'd looked at Baylor harder last night. I liked that game, but road game on prime time scared me off after what happened in Boulder and Louisville.

Just for fun 4 team parlay --- PSU, BYU, Purdue, BC (-10). The BC one scares me a bit more as I have been reading up, but I think they'll put together a nice 21-10.