PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

ForeverBlowingBubbles
09-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Did anyone catch it?

I just watched the first 2 shows... its extremely unique and entertaining. Comes on after Entourage I think - but is on HBO on Demand.

2535Miles
09-18-2008, 03:46 AM
Did anyone catch it?

I just watched the first 2 shows... its extremely unique and entertaining. Comes on after Entourage I think - but is on HBO on Demand.
I've been watching. I'm a fan. I'm not as addicted so quickly as I was with Six Feet Under, but I'm liking where the show is going. I like vampires. I like Alan Ball. I like True Blood.

DGood
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
as soon as i saw the opening montage to the first episode, i thought, holy crap this show is freaking crazy.

and it is. the show is literally crazy. vampires? synthetic blood? really? but its kinda entertaining.

DevilAlumna
10-14-2008, 11:21 PM
We've just started watching this, midway through epi 4 now. I'm surprised at how much I'm liking it. Kind of weird and quirky, but the characters, particularly Sookie and Bill, are interesting and I want to see more.

Plus, I heart the theme song, "Bad Things," by Jace Everett.

Windsor
10-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I watched the first episode on HBO On Demand last night...liked it.
Will be catching up on the other episodes as soon as I can

(I love 'on demand'!)

bjornolf
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
My wife loves the books it's based on. We don't get HBO, but the DVDs just came out, and I'm thinking about getting them for her. Has anyone read the books AND watched the show? Are they similar? Can you draw parallels easily, or is it just kind of "loosely based" kinda thing?

Thanks.

tbyers11
05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
My wife loves the books it's based on. We don't get HBO, but the DVDs just came out, and I'm thinking about getting them for her. Has anyone read the books AND watched the show? Are they similar? Can you draw parallels easily, or is it just kind of "loosely based" kinda thing?

Thanks.

My wife and I watched the entirety of Season 1 on DVD over the last week (its been raining A LOT in Florida). She had previously read the books and really enjoyed the show. She said that the main storyline from the first book (which plays out over all of Season 1) based around the 3 main characters (Sookie, Bill and Sam) stayed pretty faithful to the books. She said that several of the supporting characters (Tara, Jason, and Lafayette) had much meatier roles and new storylines in the TV show than they did the first book.

I haven't read the books at all but I really liked the first season. It was fun show to watch. I think Anna Paquin plays the Sookie role really well.