PDA

View Full Version : Coach K and Golf Channel

jv001
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Coach K has a commercial for the Ryder Cup tournament that begins Friday. Nice to see him supporting the US in this event. Another way of getting Duke University's name out there. Can't hurt recruiting. Hey it may even help football recruiting. Duke has a lot to offer these fine student athletes.Go Duke!

Newton_14
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
It's more than one commercial and they are airing already on the Golf Channel. I saw two of them tonight watching Ryder Cup coverage. Pretty cool!

duketaylor
09-17-2008, 09:55 PM
You are correct, K has commercials on the Golf Channel for the Ryder Cup and he doesn't even play golf. His Major Flaw!!;) GO USA!!!!

EarlJam
09-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Last straw for me.

Coach K has completely lost his focus. Where Duke used to be 100%; now it is about 40%.

Let him move on to bigger and better things. Bring in Dawkins as new head coach.

-EarlJam

P.S. Kidding!!!!!!

P.S.S. I think.

Devilsfan
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Maybe he has stock in Morgan Stanley and needs the gig. Could Mack be suffering from Zoe's revenge as she secretly runs a hedge fund shorting his company?
Just kidding!

I think.

heyman25
09-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Stephanie Sparks is that the ex Duke golfer who made a poor choice of words regarding Tiger Woods. She is a very good announcer and attractive.

Indoor66
09-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Stephanie Sparks is that the ex Duke golfer who made a poor choice of words regarding Tiger Woods. She is a very good announcer and attractive.

I think those Tiger remarks were made by ex-Dukie Kelly Tilghman. :)

DukeVol
09-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I thought that it was Kelly Tilghman (sp?) who made the comment about El Tigre. I know she's on The Golf Channel.

jv001
09-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I thought that it was Kelly Tilghman (sp?) who made the comment about El Tigre. I know she's on The Golf Channel.

You are correct on both. Kelly made the comments and she is a very good reporter on The Golf Channel.

dukemomLA
09-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Has Coach K made any kind of official statement that any and all of his revenue from commercials goes to support his Mom's foundation and the Center? Might be nice if that were the case.

MCragg
09-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey all...
Thought it was worth the clarification that this was not a commercial - it was simply an intro to the Golf Channel's coverage of the Ryder Cup this week. The Golf Channel made the request and we felt it would be nice patriotic support of the USA.

In fact, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cez-FFsbjhg

BD80
09-21-2008, 10:34 AM
This should be a major boost to recruiting, our recruits are right in the Golf Channel's targeted demographic! [sarcasm]

I love the segment, and while I would like to think it will help with Duke's reputation, it will merely reinforce opinions of Duke and Coach K already held, good or bad. It might win over a few who aren't avid basketball fans who love golf.