PDA

View Full Version : Uconn

RainingThrees
09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Interesting article on A.J Price of Uconn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/09/16/price.uconn/index.html?eref=T1

Hopefully he can bounce back and maybe help Uconn upset the Tarholes in the tourney.

gotham devil
09-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Interesting article on A.J Price of Uconn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/09/16/price.uconn/index.html?eref=T1

Hopefully he can bounce back and maybe help Uconn upset the Tarholes in the tourney.

This is a lesser of two evils question.

Which is worse a second title for Roy Williams in four years or dealing with the UConn fans after Jim Calhoun ties Mike Krzyzewski for most career titles? As it is, the Husky fans always bring up how Calhoun built that program from scratch in a state devoid of basketball talent and has beaten Krzyzewski head-to-head to win their first two titles.

Thank God George Mason upset both of them two years ago. I was hoping that was, at least, Calhoun's last shot, but the man has nine lives. He gets a freak injury to A.J. Price, a player with multiple indisgressions, that results in an early round upset to San Diego and not only does he get that player back, but a 7'3" first-round lock junior (Thabeet) back as well.

Frankly, I'd take Louisville and Pitino winning it, if we can't develop former top 50 talents Thomas or Zoubek into adequate to above-average frontcourt players.

FWIW, UConvict is currently at 15/1 on the futures market.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/futures/

WiJoe
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
You guys live / go to school in Durham and you can't decide whether it's worse for unconn-victs or nc-chapel hill to win NCAA title.

Really?

Seriously?

:eek:

Edouble
09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Which is worse a second title for Roy Williams in four years or dealing with the UConn fans after Jim Calhoun ties Mike Krzyzewski for most career titles?

This is not an issue, as everyone knows that Roy can't win the big one with his own players.

RelativeWays
09-17-2008, 07:22 AM
You guys live / go to school in Durham and you can't decide whether it's worse for unconn-victs or nc-chapel hill to win NCAA title.

Really?

Seriously?

:eek:

UNC has never denied Duke two NCAA championships, UConn has and may they burn in hell for it.

jv001
09-17-2008, 09:10 AM
UNC has never denied Duke two NCAA championships, UConn has and may they burn in hell for it.

Yeh, but they are still unc.

77devil
09-17-2008, 10:27 AM

Neither has UConn. It was the refs in 2004.;)

Son of Mojo
09-17-2008, 10:55 AM
'99 & '04 still hurt. '99 was an aberation considering how dominant that team was. '04 was a joke--that was our game and in the last 5 minutes, well, I don't like using refs as an excuse because there's always occasions that you should execute where you don't but we got hosed a bit by zebras there. Still, as badly as I hate uconn for that, the hate for unc is still greater. May they both get what they deserve (which is not more wins).

WiJoe
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Relative:

Believe me, if chapel hill EVER denies DUKE an NCAA title, that will be ultimate bragging rights.

NYC Duke Fan
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM

Which is worse a second title for Roy Williams in four years or dealing with the UConn fans after Jim Calhoun ties Mike Krzyzewski for most career titles? As it is, the Husky fans always bring up how Calhoun built that program from scratch in a state devoid of basketball talent and has beaten Krzyzewski head-to-head to win their first two titles.

Thank God George Mason upset both of them two years ago. I was hoping that was, at least, Calhoun's last shot, but the man has nine lives. He gets a freak injury to A.J. Price, a player with multiple indisgressions, that results in an early round upset to San Diego and not only does he get that player back, but a 7'3" first-round lock junior (Thabeet) back as well.

Frankly, I'd take Louisville and Pitino winning it, if we can't develop former top 50 talents Thomas or Zoubek into adequate to above-average frontcourt players.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Jihn Wooden have the most career titles ?

HoopsFan
09-17-2008, 10:39 PM

Indisgressions??? Not sure what that is, but what multiple indisgressions are you referring to?

mgtr
09-17-2008, 11:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Jihn Wooden have the most career titles ?

Isn't Jihn Wooden known as the Whizzer of Westwood, who holds the long distance Pi**ing contest?

Carlos
09-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Indisgressions??? Not sure what that is, but what multiple indisgressions are you referring to?

I'm pretty sure we all know that gotham was talking about "indiscretions" here.

As for multiple indiscretions I would go with his involvement in those stolen laptops and then lying to the police about it. Add to that his HS arrest for misdemeanor criminal trespass charges and I think you have enough to go with multiple indiscretions.