PDA

View Full Version : Lute losing it

BD80
09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Admits letter to boosters with his electronic signature is a "clear-cut violation of NCAA rules." But he says he knew nothing about it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3590024

So, is he:

lying
unable to remember
losing control of the program

Ignatius07
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
But he did just get a commitment from Abdul Gaddy, apparently.

Uncle Drew
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Admits letter to boosters with his electronic signature is a "clear-cut violation of NCAA rules." But he says he knew nothing about it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3590024

So, is he:

lying
unable to remember
losing control of the program

4. Being framed by his soon to be ex-wife.
5. Suffering from heat stroke.
6. Senile.

At any rate it sounds like he has the makings of an ideal politician.

BD80
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Gary Parrish at CBS has this take:

...And though Olson denied any knowledge of the letter, Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood told the Pac-10 office that "others inside and outside of the department stated that they thought that (Olson) had requested that the letter be sent."

In other words, Livengood isn't buying Olson's story. So the investigation will continue. ...

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/10545877

sagegrouse
09-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I think this is a TKO -- lsoing "it" three times.

1. Clearly, if he wanted to accomplish the end result (AAU tourney in Tucson) without running afoul of the rules, a private word (I suppose "hints" are perfectly legal) to one of the top boosters would accomplish everything. He did not do that. That's one (#1) lost "it."

2. If he did not specifically request the letter, then he surely has or should have control over his "signature." I mean, he has to exercise control so that only his secretary or personal assistant can use it. If he doesn't, he is truly lost (and has, therefore, lost "it -- #2).

3. If he personally signed or reviewed the letter (or had someone else do it) and didn't pick up the problem -- that's an even more serious problem -- count #3.

I really don't think that Luke is gonna be around for very long.

sagegrouse

RainingThrees
09-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Now if someone could only find out how Roy williams "recruits" his players.

Uncle Drew
09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I think this is a TKO -- lsoing "it" three times.

1. Clearly, if he wanted to accomplish the end result (AAU tourney in Tucson) without running afoul of the rules, a private word (I suppose "hints" are perfectly legal) to one of the top boosters would accomplish everything. He did not do that. That's one (#1) lost "it."

2. If he did not specifically request the letter, then he surely has or should have control over his "signature." I mean, he has to exercise control so that only his secretary or personal assistant can use it. If he doesn't, he is truly lost (and has, therefore, lost "it -- #2).

3. If he personally signed or reviewed the letter (or had someone else do it) and didn't pick up the problem -- that's an even more serious problem -- count #3.

I really don't think that Luke is gonna be around for very long.

sagegrouse

That is an awsome critique of the whole situation in my book Sage. Blunt, to the point and yet fair. But ummm, don't you have a Wildcat mascot you could be stealing to speed things along. :D Youre a LEGEND Sage!!!!

dukebluelemur
09-16-2008, 03:13 PM
But ummm, don't you have a Wildcat mascot you could be stealing to speed things along. :D Youre a LEGEND Sage!!!!

Shaving and painting a wildcat might prove a little more problematic... and I doubt your health insurer would be happy paying for the consequences. ;)

Uncle Drew
09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Shaving and painting a wildcat might prove a little more problematic... and I doubt your health insurer would be happy paying for the consequences. ;)

Am I the only person who has heard of a traquilizer gun? Or just wrap a couple Valium in some tuna.Still dukeblue, that was good, I needed a good laugh today, gracias.

sagegrouse
09-16-2008, 05:18 PM
That is an awsome critique of the whole situation in my book Sage. Blunt, to the point and yet fair. But ummm, don't you have a Wildcat mascot you could be stealing to speed things along. :D Youre a LEGEND Sage!!!!

Thanks, although it is kind of discouraging to know that you peaked at age 18 (when that was more than 40 years ago)!

sagegrouse

sagegrouse
09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Am I the only person who has heard of a traquilizer gun? Or just wrap a couple Valium in some tuna.Still dukeblue, that was good, I needed a good laugh today, gracias.

One year when I was a grad student at Rice, the Texas Aggies set about to steal all the mascots in the SW Conference -- and were successful. FWIW, the Rice Owl was a soft target in a box cage outside a dorm.

The best part is that when they stole the SMU Mustang -- it was a filly or mare -- and they returned her pregnant! Texas A&M knows about livestock.

sagegrouse

sue71, esq
09-16-2008, 06:47 PM
One year when I was a grad student at Rice, the Texas Aggies set about to steal all the mascots in the SW Conference -- and were successful. FWIW, the Rice Owl was a soft target in a box cage outside a dorm.

The best part is that when they stole the SMU Mustang -- it was a filly or mare -- and they returned her pregnant! Texas A&M knows about livestock.

sagegrouse

That is great!