PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Union game (Oct. 25)

DST Fan
09-14-2008, 08:27 AM
The schedule posted at Goduke.com does not list the start time for the Virginia Union exhibition on October 25. Does anyone have information? October 25 falls on parents' weekend, and we trying to line up our schedule. Thanks.

DU82
09-14-2008, 10:41 AM
The schedule posted at Goduke.com does not list the start time for the Virginia Union exhibition on October 25. Does anyone have information? October 25 falls on parents' weekend, and we trying to line up our schedule. Thanks.

The time of the exhibition depends on the time of the football game. That will be determined 10 days before. Since it is parents' weekend, I would expect that the bball game will be played as early as possible, to allow the evening for "normal" parent-student events (such as getting a decent dinner at a restaurant, rather than on campus!)

DST Fan
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
The time of the exhibition depends on the time of the football game. That will be determined 10 days before. Since it is parents' weekend, I would expect that the bball game will be played as early as possible, to allow the evening for "normal" parent-student events (such as getting a decent dinner at a restaurant, rather than on campus!)

Thanks. As you probably know, the football team plays at Vandy on October 25. Although the parents' weekend schedule indicates the football game will be shown somewhere on campus, I wonder how many families will show up to watch it. We are hoping for a later start for the b-ball game, since the Duke swim team has a meet with Miami at the TAP at 1:00.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks. As you probably know, the football team plays at Vandy on October 25. Although the parents' weekend schedule indicates the football game will be shown somewhere on campus, I wonder how many families will show up to watch it. We are hoping for a later start for the b-ball game, since the Duke swim team has a meet with Miami at the TAP at 1:00.

Maybe more than you think..... the fortunes of the football team get better each week. Families who have a history with Duke might be drawn to experiencing that game together.

DU82
09-15-2008, 06:41 PM

Actually, the fact the game is away did not register with me! This is the first parents weekend in my memory that won't have a football game at home.

I do know there was criticism of Coach K last year for scheduling a bball exhibition at the same time of a televised football game, FSU, I think. (Was that parents weekend last year too?) Of course, we made it on TV at the last minute, and the exhibition had already been rescheduled once. Rescheduling it again would have thrown various plans out of whack.

That didn't matter to those wearing light blue to accuse him of not caring about anything else. Of course, they blame him for anything they want to anyway. Didn't you know that Coach K arranged for the new pilot in the plane to misdirect the Carolina game ball a couple of weeks ago? :)

I would expect the bball game to start at 5 or 6 PM. That would avoid an early afternoon football kickoff (and a night one, too.) I would expect that Vandy would want an early kickoff, since it's their homecoming.

RelativeWays
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I believe Duke played either GT or Clemson at home last parents day weekend and the football game was already over when Duke played Barton. I know because I was there. :cool:

Devilsfan
09-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Great planning by someone. Why don't we blame the old AD?