PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Out...

Native
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm president of my high school class, and I need a really good idea for a class t-shirt. Last year's shirt wasn't very good, and it didn't sell really at all.

We're the class of 2011, and the shirt has to be clean; no profanity, yada-yada-yada. Our school mascot is the Catamount, which is like a mountain panther of some kind, and our school colors are Black, Columbia Blue, and Silver. Any other info you guys need, I'll be happy to give it to you. Help me out, please!

YmoBeThere
09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
We are hunks, we are fine, we're the Class of '89...oh, that doesn't work for '11. Sorry.

devil84
09-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Seems that the students at my son's high school are pronouncing each digit, with a couple of rhyming words. His class is "Oh - Nine, So Fine." So you'd be "One-One," which has a much better chance of finding a rhyme than "eleven."

Here's a not so fully formed idea...is there a way that you could do some play on 411? Maybe: "Catamounts 411 -- the class that knows it all" (has the info, etc). The "411" part can have in the background maybe a small hyphen, star, small logo, or other spacer after the four, and maybe a small apostrophe to note the year artfully arranged to identify two meanings.

Just a thought....

EarlJam
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
On Front:

Image of a Myan eating a Catamount.

On Back:

We're the class of 2011;
Next year we will all be in Heaven;
For next year, do sayeth the Myans;
The world will end, and I'm not Lyin'.

-EarlJam

CameronBornAndBred
09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Front
"My class is better than your class"
Back
"Catamounts '11"

EarlJam
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Front

This shirt will be cool until I graduate

Back

First semester of college this shirt will be an oil rag - or worse.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm president of my high school class, and I need a really good idea for a class t-shirt. Last year's shirt wasn't very good, and it didn't sell really at all.

We're the class of 2011, and the shirt has to be clean; no profanity, yada-yada-yada. Our school mascot is the Catamount, which is like a mountain panther of some kind, and our school colors are Black, Columbia Blue, and Silver. Any other info you guys need, I'll be happy to give it to you. Help me out, please!

Western Carolina has the Catamount as a mascot as does the University of Vermont. I took a look at the WCU web site and noticed a catchy image of large cat eyes on a black background. You could use the eyes as starting point for creating a design with your school's name or abbreviation/letters below and your class year below that. Perhaps add the outline of the ears near the shoulders of the shirt. The letters could be Columbia blue with silver shading or edges. Another idea would be to have just the ears and eyes on the front of the shirt and your school's name or initials on the back with your class year below.

When I was at Riverside High School in Durham, one senior class's shirts had the names of everyone in the class printed on the back. Something like that would be striking in silver on a black background.

2535Miles
09-12-2008, 01:15 PM

I suggest you consult Strongbad. Seriously, send him an e-mail and get him to design your Graduation T-shirt. http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html