PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Prediction

GADevilFan
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I was just reading the ESPN.com ACC Football blog ..... the writer predicted Duke to beat Navy 38 to 35. Go Duke!

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I was just reading the ESPN.com ACC Football blog ..... the writer predicted Duke to beat Navy 38 to 35. Go Duke!
Rip 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em hell Duke! Sink Navy!

jimsumner
09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd be stunned if Duke gives up 35 points. And yes, I know what happened last year, but that's ocean water under the bridge.

HaveFunExpectToWin
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
It's possible they could meet again at RFK. That would be incumbent on Duke getting to .500, which while possible isn't probable.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091003745.html?hpid=moreheadlines

miramar
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
It's good to know that 38 points is now considered reasonable for Duke, at least against a team like Navy.

wolfpackdevil
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Duke's run defense was pretty good in the first 2 games of the season.

But, there pass defense against NU was horrible!!!!, it is the reason they lost the game in the end, after giving up a 60 yard pass on 3rd and 10, with a 3 point game late in the 4th quarter.

Navy rarely passes the ball, and Duke should not give up more than 20 points.

Duke wins 21-7

juise
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Apprently, Eron Riley is probable for the game (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/acc/0-2-90/Duke-injury-report--Eron-Riley--probable-.html)... which could help with the whole scoring 38 points thing. :)

CameronBornAndBred
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
It's possible they could meet again at RFK. That would be incumbent on Duke getting to .500, which while possible isn't probable.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091003745.html?hpid=moreheadlines

If they played in DC I'd be there, but brrrrrrrrrrr. The last event I saw in RFK was a Dead show. (They never played a bad show at RFK, btw)

RelativeWays
09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
If Duke can contain the option and Thad can rein in his throws a bit, I believe Duke will win by 17+ I think we really are better than Navy this year. Granted we played better than NW and still lost. I really want us to win this game. I think a lot of this year's potential momentum will be lost if we tank against Navy.

Uncle Drew
09-12-2008, 06:38 AM
If Duke can contain the option and Thad can rein in his throws a bit, I believe Duke will win by 17+ I think we really are better than Navy this year. Granted we played better than NW and still lost. I really want us to win this game. I think a lot of this year's potential momentum will be lost if we tank against Navy.

One thing Duke has improved on MUCH more so far this season is the defensive linemen getting penetration behind the line for Duke to disrupt plays. If they can continue to do that all season good things will happen. If they can do that against Navy they will win. But I have to agree with Relative they need to win this game to keep confidence high. That isn't to say it's a must win, or if they lose this game they won't win another all season. But a win would instill confidence and also indicate the team learned from last week. One of the biggest negatives the last several seasons was losing the same way and making the same mistakes over and over. If Coach Cut can teach and address mistakes from game to game we will actually get to see a team improve over the course of a season instead of implode.

budwom
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Duke's run defense was pretty good in the first 2 games of the season.

But, there pass defense against NU was horrible!!!!, it is the reason they lost the game in the end, after giving up a 60 yard pass on 3rd and 10, with a 3 point game late in the 4th quarter.

Navy rarely passes the ball, and Duke should not give up more than 20 points.

Duke wins 21-7

Ah, it's funny how our memories can deceive us. Navy rarely passes the ball?
Just last year they completed 13 of 21 passes for 236 yards and two touchdowns against us. Of course they also ran for 304 yards....

This game should be a great indication of how our team has progressed since last year. With essentially the same personnel, last year we:

1) lost
2) gave up 46 points
3) gave up 540 total yards
4) forced them to punt zero times
5) blew an 11 point lead in the fourth quarter

I'm hopeful we can improve in ALL of these categories, especially the first, which is the only one which matters.