PDA

View Full Version : Death...by grapefruit juice.

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
So I sat down for dinner tonight and opened up a 1.75 liter bottle of grapefruit juice. Well, it had been opened earlier in the week. I was about halfway through the bottle. I love grapefruit juice.

Anyway, as I'm watching TV and eating dinner, I make a move to pick up my bottle of grapefruit juice when I notice a small fly drifting atop the juice.

My first reaction was that of anger. No way was I going to drink the juice now. It's contaminated - and I paid good money for that juice ("Simply Grapefruit brand)!

Then I got to thinking. "Wow, what a way to go." That fly was just doing his thing, following scents and going after them for nutritional and survival gain.

The poor bastard died in what to him was about 60 feet of grapefruit juice. Drowning's bad enough, but ohhh the citric acid.

In the end, I felt bad for the fly, and my anger was gone.

I'm looking at him now. Poor fly. Then again, maybe that's the perfect way for a fly to "exit."

Me? I can always go to the local store to get another jug of juice.

-EarlJam

jimbonelson
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
So I sat down for dinner tonight and opened up a 1.75 liter bottle of grapefruit juice. Well, it had been opened earlier in the week. I was about halfway through the bottle. I love grapefruit juice.

Anyway, as I'm watching TV and eating dinner, I make a move to pick up my bottle of grapefruit juice when I notice a small fly drifting atop the juice.

My first reaction was that of anger. No way was I going to drink the juice now. It's contaminated - and I paid good money for that juice ("Simply Grapefruit brand)!

Then I got to thinking. "Wow, what a way to go." That fly was just doing his thing, following scents and going after them for nutritional and survival gain.

The poor bastard died in what to him was about 60 feet of grapefruit juice. Drowning's bad enough, but ohhh the citric acid.

In the end, I felt bad for the fly, and my anger was gone.

I'm looking at him now. Poor fly. Then again, maybe that's the perfect way for a fly to "exit."

Me? I can always go to the local store to get another jug of juice.

-EarlJam

drink the bug

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
drink the bug

If the bug were still alive, would it harm me? Or would my awesome stomach acid kill it?

-EarlJam

FireOgilvie
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Simply Grapefruit - Now with more protein!

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Simply Grapefruit - Now with more protein!

A genius reply! Took me a second. Awesome. :)

-EJ

ghost
09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
If I were to drown in a (non alcoholic) drink, it would definitely be Coca Cola Classic.

Alcoholic would be Bombay Sapphire w/ tonic and extra limes.