PDA

View Full Version : Family Feud - Oh my GOD!

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
So I'm watching Family Feud on my couch and eating chips in my sweatpants.

Anyway, this player comes on for the final challenge round and needs only 73 points to win it all. Here are the questions and answers given:

1. If you are awake at 2:00 a.m., name something you may be doing.

A: Dreaming (???)

2. Name something you use to make a wish.

A: Star

3. At what age does a kid start worrying about pimples?

A: 14 (okay, good one)

4. Name a part of the body where you find gold.

A: Teeth

5. Name a beverage you drink too much of.

A: Milk. (yes, milk)

What an IDIOT! They got the points, but only by three.

God. Someone really needs to get a LIFE! Start reading, paying attention!

-EarlJam

2535Miles
09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
God. Someone really needs to get a LIFE!
Dude, don't be so hard on yourself. I sometimes watch Family Feud too. :D

CameronBornAndBred
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's better than dreaming while your awake.

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM

EarlJam = Bobby Hurley

2535Miles = Grant Hill

My Post = alley-oop from Hurley to Hill!

Hill did not let me down.
:)

2535Miles - He "gets it."

-EJ

CameronBlue
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM

Look, I watched an episode or two of the Gong Show back in the day, but it was hot then, and somehow knowing that Chuck Barris was actually a Bond-esque agent for the United States somehow legitimized the frivolous waste of time, but dude, seriously, Family Feud is not even passe anymore...

It's time for a DBR intervention.

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Look, I watched an episode or two of the Gong Show back in the day, but it was hot then, and somehow knowing that Chuck Barris was actually a Bond-esque agent for the United States somehow legitimized the frivolous waste of time, but dude, seriously, Family Feud is not even passe anymore...

Family Feud's high water mark was when Richard Dawson would come out on stage wasted.

By the way. Richard Dawson. Is he dead?

-EarlJam

dukeforester
09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Richard Dawson is not dead, just retired in Beverly Hills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawson

2535Miles
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
EarlJam = Bobby Hurley

2535Miles = Grant Hill

My Post = alley-oop from Hurley to Hill!

Hill did not let me down.
:)

2535Miles - He "gets it."

-EJ
Flattered seriously. While we're dreaming, can it be that behind the backboard alley oop?

2535Miles
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Richard Dawson is not dead, just retired in Beverly Hills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawson
Same difference?

JasonEvans
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Family Feud's high water mark was when Richard Dawson would come out on stage wasted.

... and slip the tongue to every single woman on stage-- even the Grandmas.

Yup, those were the days.

--Jason "I am convinced that show went on summer hiatus so Dawson could recover from his annual bout of mono" Evans

dukeforester
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Same difference?

Agreed.

devildeac
09-10-2008, 09:49 PM

-EarlJam

You have chips in your sweatpants? Chocolate chips? Cow chips?

You are losing it, EJ. 1st, you thought Heart sang "I Just Wanna Make Love to You." Now, with the chips stuff...:o

EarlJam
09-10-2008, 09:53 PM
You have chips in your sweatpants? Chocolate chips? Cow chips?

You are losing it, EJ. 1st, you thought Heart sang "I Just Wanna Make Love to You." Now, with the chips stuff...:o

This made me laugh very hard!

But really, Heart had a song out called, "All I wanna do is Make Love to you"...

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/heart/all-i-wanna-do-is-make-love-to-you.html

-EJ

2535Miles
09-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Agreed.
The only thing worse for a career might be appearing in Hollywood Squares.

devildeac
09-10-2008, 09:59 PM
This made me laugh very hard!

But really, Heart had a song out called, "All I wanna do is Make Love to you"...

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/heart/all-i-wanna-do-is-make-love-to-you.html

-EJ

Then we are both right:D.

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Look, I watched an episode or two of the Gong Show back in the day, but it was hot then...

By the way, the new gong show with Dave Attell is absolutely hilarious. Catch it sometime.

dukeforester
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe. Not to hijack the thread, but Paul Lynde "Mr Center Square" sure did OK. He was the master of the one liner comeback. Always wondered if he was coached on the questions.

2535Miles
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Maybe. Not to hijack the thread, but Paul Lynde "Mr Center Square" sure did OK. He was the master of the one liner comeback. Always wondered if he was coached on the questions.
Paul Lynde died prematurely of a heart attack. At the time of his heart attack he was still taping on Hollywood Squares (I think). So you tell me.... Hollywood Squares kills your career.

dukeforester
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Did not know that. Guess you are right.

JasonEvans
09-10-2008, 10:22 PM

Not only do the celebs know the question in advance, but they are provided with potential joke answers made up by the show's writers.

Sorry if I just ruined it for you.

--Jason "some celebs make up their own answers-- and I think Paul Lynde was famous for being very good at that" EVans

dukeforester
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Didn't ruin it, just confirmed what I always assumed. Even if everything was canned, so to speak, it was still better than some of the bull**** game shows on today (Hole in the Wall comes to mind immediately).

365Duke
09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I am addicted to GSN. We watch family feud every night. The funniest thing I have ever seen was the following;

Up at the buzzer... Name a famous Barbara.

The first team wins with the #1 answer - Barbara Walters

then #2 Barbara Streisand

then #3 Barbara Bush

then they are out of answers, guesses come out. Barbara Jones, Barbara Williams and Barbara Smith.

Can the other family steal the points and win the game? Well Richard Karn walks over and they all are in agreement (5 reasonably intelligent looking adults). The man looks like a proud peacock, he claims "we got it, we got it no problem". Then Richard ask for the answer. He says they missed the most obvious one, and there is no way this is NOT up there. Richard again ask for the answer.

His answer, as proud as he can be, he says " How can you forget, the wife of the father of our great country......Barbara Washington!"

Karn pauses for a second looks at the proud man. Then slowly turns to the audience. As he does they roar with laughter, it does not bother the man at all, he thinks they are laughing because their opponents missed it.

Karn then says with a straight face "Barbara Washington...well I have no idea what Martha would have to say about this. But show me Barbara Washington! XXXXXXX! The man and his family all looked like they could die, but the funniest part was when I rewound it, his whole family was yelling it as Karn walked down the line. I laughed for 10 minutes straight.

DukieInKansas
09-11-2008, 12:31 AM

Did you see the one where every contestant sang the song "Feelings"?

JasonEvans
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I am addicted to GSN. We watch family feud every night. The funniest thing I have ever seen was the following;

Up at the buzzer... Name a famous Barbara.

The first team wins with the #1 answer - Barbara Walters

then #2 Barbara Streisand

then #3 Barbara Bush

then they are out of answers, guesses come out. Barbara Jones, Barbara Williams and Barbara Smith.

Can the other family steal the points and win the game? Well Richard Karn walks over and they all are in agreement (5 reasonably intelligent looking adults). The man looks like a proud peacock, he claims "we got it, we got it no problem". Then Richard ask for the answer. He says they missed the most obvious one, and there is no way this is NOT up there. Richard again ask for the answer.

His answer, as proud as he can be, he says " How can you forget, the wife of the father of our great country......Barbara Washington!"

Karn pauses for a second looks at the proud man. Then slowly turns to the audience. As he does they roar with laughter, it does not bother the man at all, he thinks they are laughing because their opponents missed it.

Karn then says with a straight face "Barbara Washington...well I have no idea what Martha would have to say about this. But show me Barbara Washington! XXXXXXX! The man and his family all looked like they could die, but the funniest part was when I rewound it, his whole family was yelling it as Karn walked down the line. I laughed for 10 minutes straight.

Who was the Barbara they missed?

jimsumner
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Barbara and the Vandellas?

365Duke
09-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry, I left that part out. It was Barbara Eden. Not one I would have guessed either. Even though I knew who she was, and the contestants were old enough to know, only 3 out of 100 said her.

Lavabe
09-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Sorry, I left that part out. It was Barbara Eden. Not one I would have guessed either. Even though I knew who she was, and the contestants were old enough to know, only 3 out of 100 said her.

ALRIGHT!!! I guessed correctly. My second choice would have been Barbara Bach (Bond girl and Ringo's wife). My third choice...

Barbara Kingsolver.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. See Tilly/Jason, my Bond trivia skills work fine at a more sane hour.:o

TillyGalore
09-13-2008, 08:21 AM
ALRIGHT!!! I guessed correctly. My second choice would have been Barbara Bach (Bond girl and Ringo's wife). My third choice...

Barbara Kingsolver.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. See Tilly/Jason, my Bond trivia skills work fine at a more sane hour.:o

The threat of losing your Bond membership has been lifted.

I thought Barbara Bach too. Interesting Tilly/Bond trivia regarding Ms. Bach. I used to work with her brother. He is/was a pulmonologist in Massachusetts. Never could bring myself to say anything. Looking back, I wish I had.

Funny/true story. A nurse came in one day and announced that Dr. Bach's (not his real last name, or hers) sister was a Bond girl, her name was Catherine Bach. I about fell over laughing. I told her no it wasn't Catherine Bach, which she continued to argue it was. Reminded her that Catherine Bach was Daisy Duke (Duke's of Hazzard). BARBARA Bach was the Bond girl. Loved taking her down a peg, that nurse thought she was a know it all. Didn't like being correct. What she didn't know, was you don't argue Bond trivia with Tilly.

JasonEvans
09-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I thought of Barbara Bach first and Barbara Eden second.

--Jason "if it was not Barbara Washington, what about Barbara Ford? ;) " Evans

Lavabe
09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Isn't it "Barbra" Streisand, not "Barbara" Streisand?

No big whoop...:)

DevilAlumna
09-13-2008, 11:47 PM
What, no Barbara Stanwyck?

DukieInKansas
09-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Isn't it "Barbra" Streisand, not "Barbara" Streisand?

No big whoop...:)

You are correct - she spells it wrong.

I thought Barbara Anne of Beach Boys fame

DukieInKansas (aka Barbara)