PDA

View Full Version : Duke Basketball Video- Narration by Olek

BlueintheFace
09-10-2008, 12:57 AM
http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/content.asp?tid=210

Olek seems like an absolute character, and his accent is hilariously awesome. This should be a really fun year!

wisteria
09-10-2008, 01:12 AM
oh my god, Olek is HILARIOUS!!!!

CameronCrazy'11
09-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Anyone else catch that Elliot said he was going to play point guard and shooting guard this year. I guess that means will have three options at the point (4 if you count Scheyer, 5 if you count Davidson too). Maybe this means K is still deciding who will replace Paulus as primary point guard in the years to come. At any rate, having multiple guards with point guard skills is always a good thing.

Uncle Drew
09-10-2008, 04:58 AM
That was an awesome video. In another article is said Olek answers to the title OC so if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. This guy is a character! I enjoyed that more than Singlers video last year. From everything I've heard we got a steal when we got a commitment from him. And thank God he's Polish so he and Coach K can use different signals the rest of us won't understand. :D

Indoor66
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
And thank God he's Polish so he and Coach K can use different signals the rest of us won't understand. :D

What do you mean? They can use signals that even they don't understand. :D

dkbaseball
09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
He is...a wald and crezy guy. (For the younger set: reference the Czechslovakian swingers, aka Steve Martin and Dan Ackroyd.) And a great teammate, according to HS teammates.

Beyond the breezy personality, the way he carries himself suggests a confidence that he knows what his role in the program is going to be, and that's as a major force on the court right away, IMO. The staff will be on him early and hard about moving his feet in half court sets, especially on defense, but when the rubber hits the Cameron floor, athletes emerge and distinguish themselves. His tools won't be held down.

killerleft
09-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Chizz Whiz.

dukediv2013
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Did anyone else think that Olek sounded like Borat?

That video was hilarious!

DevilDan
09-10-2008, 10:39 AM
I just saw it -- OLEK is the bomb -- apparently with a great attitude, and ready to go to war on the hardwood. I suspect any time he's on the court this year, he'll contribute something and more important, give a lift to his teammates.

GO DUKE !

roywhite
09-10-2008, 10:49 AM
He is...a wald and crezy guy. (For the younger set: reference the Czechslovakian swingers, aka Steve Martin and Dan Ackroyd.) And a great teammate, according to HS teammates.

Exactly, dk. Ah, Yortuk and Georg. Olek is hilarious.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77rfestrunks.phtml

Edouble
09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyone else catch that Elliot said he was going to play point guard and shooting guard this year. I guess that means will have three options at the point (4 if you count Scheyer, 5 if you count Davidson too). Maybe this means K is still deciding who will replace Paulus as primary point guard in the years to come. At any rate, having multiple guards with point guard skills is always a good thing.

He could have said this just because he wants to play point guard, even if he isn't really going to.

In other news, it appears the old "cartoonish" Blue Devil lives on!

DBFAN
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Did anyone else think that Olek sounded like Borat?

That video was hilarious!

I thought he sounded like Borat the whole time, and I could not stop laughing, lets just hope he does not have a sister:eek:

dukediv2013
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I thought he sounded like Borat the whole time, and I could not stop laughing, lets just hope he does not have a sister:eek:

VERY NICE! HOW MUCH?

bigj4194
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
God Bless America....actually god bless Olek...this will be a great year just based off of that video :)

taiw93
09-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed the fact that he kept asking "Are you Cameron Crazy?" and then, regardless of their response, he would say "Okay, okay" He must have repeated those lines about 10 times.