PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Nelson

gotham devil
09-10-2008, 12:42 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54337/20080909/warriors_sign_three_free_agents/

BlueintheFace
09-10-2008, 12:50 AM
That's GREAT NEWS!!! Way to go Demarcus and Go Warriors!!! (except against the Rockets).

Edouble
09-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Signed what? A napkin? A 10-day contract? It doesn't say.

RelativeWays
09-10-2008, 08:17 AM
At least he's going to get a shot during NBA preseason. Since the warriors lost Baron Davis and signed Magette, I doubt they need more forwards, Dmarc is in a great spot and we all know he will work his butt off to make the team. I wish him the best.

moonpie23
09-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Awesome

killerleft
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Good luck, Markie! If hard work will do it, you've got it made!

Carlos
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Signed what? A napkin? A 10-day contract? It doesn't say.

My guess is that it's a non-guaranteed contract to get him into training camp.

bigj4194
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
congrats to DeMarc!

CameronBornAndBred
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
That's awesome!...Always love having another Dukie to follow in the NBA. Congrats to DeMarcus, I think he proved his worth in the pre-draft camps, and then in the summer camps, but obviously he has cemented his value with the team since then.

JasonEvans
09-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Folks, I would not get too excited. I looked at the Warriors roster and they have all their 15 roster spots spoken for with guaranteed contracts. They could decide to keep Markie but, as far as I can tell, it would mean cutting someone else who they would have to pay anyway.

My bet is that they are getting a good look at him in case there is some mid-season disaster and they need to call someone up from the D-league. For Markie it is a good chance to get known by the Warriors and other teams during the pre-season with an eye toward being a mid-season call-up or getting a shot next year.

--Jason "best of luck to him-- Markie deserves a shot!" Evans

Oriole Way
09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Folks, I would not get too excited. I looked at the Warriors roster and they have all their 15 roster spots spoken for with guaranteed contracts. They could decide to keep Markie but, as far as I can tell, it would mean cutting someone else who they would have to pay anyway.

My bet is that they are getting a good look at him in case there is some mid-season disaster and they need to call someone up from the D-league. For Markie it is a good chance to get known by the Warriors and other teams during the pre-season with an eye toward being a mid-season call-up or getting a shot next year.

--Jason "best of luck to him-- Markie deserves a shot!" Evans

Monta Ellis injuring himself and missing 2-3 months of the regular season has to be good for Markie's chances of winding up on the roster earlier than mid-season.

dukemomLA
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey, I'm here in California. The Warriors haven't done anything right in years -- except to steal Maggette away from the Clips. If they're stupid (...duh...does that go without saying), they will send Markie to the D league.

If they're smart (....duh, don't think THAT will happen), he'll be on the roster.
DeMarcus could (along with the talent of Corey M) could be the best thing to happen to the Warriors in years. (Look at what M Dunleavy has done since vacating).

CameronBornAndBred
09-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Folks, I would not get too excited.

Spoilsport..phltttttt!!
Good points, though.

CameronBornAndBred
09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
If they're stupid (...duh...does that go without saying), they will send Markie to the D league.

That wouldn't be a bad idea actually. He'd still be playing, and all it takes is a injury or lackluster play from somebody. Several players got called up last year that will still be playing for the big guys this year.

DmxsCreator
09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
DeMarcus got a gauranteed two year contract with bonus options based on performance...

jimsumner
09-11-2008, 01:46 PM
All Nelson asked for was an opportunity, a foot in the door. He's got that. Good luck to him.

Edouble
09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
DeMarcus got a gauranteed two year contract with bonus options based on performance...

Is there a link to this? Did you hear it on the radio? I'm shocked.

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
This link says the terms of the deal were not released by the Warriors:

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/sports/ci_10437015

DmxsCreator
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
The details are not public knowledge...

CameronBornAndBred
09-11-2008, 06:17 PM
The details are not public knowledge...

DmxsCreator---Markie's mom or dad? Anyways, I seriously hope that contract info is true..I believe he earned it.

DmxsCreator
09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Nor am I an immediate family member. But they raised a great kid who works hard and deserves all the best!

Edouble
09-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Nor am I an immediate family member. But they raised a great kid who works hard and deserves all the best!

Awesome! Thanks! Good luck in the pros DeMarcus!