PDA

View Full Version : You know what would be cool.....

DBFAN
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
It would be awesome, if during the basketball season, we would have some kind of ceremony honoring the USA basketball team, and maybe have a few players from the team there. And maybe we could have it on a night when some recruits might be coming.

I know this would never happen, but one could dream:rolleyes:

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
It would be awesome, if during the basketball season, we would have some kind of ceremony honoring the USA basketball team, and maybe have a few players from the team there. And maybe we could have it on a night when some recruits might be coming.

It's much too soon to say what will be planned along those lines during the basketball season.

DukePA
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM

An excellent dream!! I like it : )

moonpie23
09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
like the night derek favors is there? ;)

CameronBornAndBred
09-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Cool idea, except most of those guys will be working any given day there is a Duke game. I'm sure with new scoreboard a video tribute would not be unexpected.

billy
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
It would be really cool if they did it the last home game of the season, preferably with ol' Roy watching

GopherBlue
09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
It would be really cool if they did it the last home game of the season, preferably with ol' Roy watching

Yeah, and then they let the USA players suit up and stick it to the holes (not that our boys will need any help).

Edouble
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM

I don't really think it's too far fetched. I sort of figured Coach K will be honored at some point during the season. I'd probably be more suprised if nothing happened.

roywhite
09-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Cool idea, except most of those guys will be working any given day there is a Duke game. I'm sure with new scoreboard a video tribute would not be unexpected.

Yeah, it's a nice thought, but tough to pull off with the NBA and Duke schedules. I was thinking maybe around the NBA All-Star game which is Feb. 15, 2009, but there's at least a couple of problems:

1. The NBA All-Star game is in Phoenix this time.
2. Chances are pretty good that most of the Redeem Team guys will be playing in the All-Star game and expected to attend other functions.