PDA

View Full Version : Let's fill the stands again tomorrow night!

6th Man
09-05-2008, 06:26 PM
For those of you debating on coming to the game tomorrow night...please do it! For those of you that did not attend last week you missed an atmosphere you would not believe. There was definitely a different feel to the crowd, the coach, and the play of the team. It is amazing the difference Coach Cut has made after one game. This could be a game that would build some great momentum with a victory. We have two more winnable games right behind it. The support of the students was amazing last week and you could see the difference it made in the players. To all students, let's do it again. You were great! It finally felt like a home football game should feel.

The commitment to football is finally here. We have a brilliant Coach making a huge difference and working his tail off to make the program better. Seeing Coach Cut come out during the rain delay and pump his fists to the crowd for being there was great. The execution of the team was on a totally different level from last year. It was plainly visible. Let's all get out there and show up and support the Devils and let Coach Cut and the team know we are proud of their efforts. As the program builds the team needs our support now more than ever. This is when being a fan really matters!

Let's get a big W tomorrow!

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll be there...... maybe wearing my new blue rain duds!

PDDuke85
09-05-2008, 07:28 PM
The family and I will be coming up from the Charleston, SC area and CAN'T WAIT!:)

SharkD
09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll be there, but I may have to swing by the Duck Shop or the Bryan center for some rain gear.

chrishoke
09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Nice post. I'll be the loud wet guy in Sec. 28.

wolfpackdevil
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
ill be there, rain or no rain

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Nice post. I'll be the loud wet guy in Sec. 28.
I'll be in Section 24. Let's organize some "call and response" cheers!

For example: I yell "Touchdown." You answer "TD."

du_bb1
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
will be there--no rain gear needed --kick some butt !!!

Inonehand
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Again, the two mile trek down Morreene Rd. will be made by my clan!

Acymetric
09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Don't forget the Blue Devil Walk at 4:30! (Correct me if that is wrong, of course)

I can't wait!

vabluedevil
09-06-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll be in Section 24. Let's organize some "call and response" cheers!

For example: I yell "Touchdown." You answer "TD."

I'm in Section 25. If I hear Touchdown, you will get at TD from me (and as many around as I can encourage!)

Let's go Duke!

Devilsfan
09-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I hope the students come again and stay for the second time in recent history. It was great seeing 2 sections filled with Dukies and the band on the side with the hometeam. Keep those consessions coming. It seemed to work.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm in Section 25. If I hear Touchdown, you will get at TD from me (and as many around as I can encourage!)

Let's go Duke!

Great! maybe more from the DBR will join in.. . what do you think about our planning some cheers via email? It's worked for basketball!

Following are some of the old football cheers:

Push him back, push him back, 'way back!

Harder, harder, hit him again, hit him again, harder!

Rip, 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em hell Duke!

Fumble play, fumble play, we want a fumble play!

First and ten! Do it again! First and ten! Do it again!

We can start a new one:
We are Duke!!! We are Duke!!!

devildeac
09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Great! maybe more from the DBR will join in.. . what do you think about our planning some cheers via email? It's worked for basketball!

Following are some of the old football cheers:

Push him back, push him back, 'way back!

Harder, harder, hit him again, hit him again, harder!

Rip, 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em hell Duke!

Fumble play, fumble play, we want a fumble play!

First and ten! Do it again! First and ten! Do it again!

We can start a new one:
We are Duke!!! We are Duke!!!

Don't forget: Harass them, harass them, make them relinquish the spheroid:o!

godukecom
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be there...
WE ARE DUKE!

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
We may need an update on that one! Those kids from Northwestern will understand what we're saying!

Acymetric
09-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I mentioned the walk a few posts back, and having just talked to somebody saying they thought the walk is at 4, can someone confirm for me that its at 4:30? I'm pretty sure thats right (two and a half hours before kickoff) but I certainly don't want to miss it.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I mentioned the walk a few posts back, and having just talked to somebody saying they thought the walk is at 4, can someone confirm for me that its at 4:30? I'm pretty sure thats right (two and a half hours before kickoff) but I certainly don't want to miss it.
Two and a half hours ahead of kickoff is what's been announced via email to Iron Dukes yesterday..... will start from the Chapel about 4:30P.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Actually, that should be "oblong spheroid"! That's a Wally Hurst cheer, possibly originating on the Gross Bus...

Fumble play, fumble play, we want a fumble play

That one worked very well last week. On the play following my yelling it, JMU fumbled! I gained instant credibility from those sitting around me!

devildeac
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Actually, that should be "oblong spheroid"! That's a Wally Hurst cheer, possibly originating on the Gross Bus...

That one worked very well last week. On the play following my yelling it, JMU fumbled! I gained instant credibility from those sitting around me!

I thought you would remember that one;).

That puts this BTTT to remind all those in the area to check their radar, realize the rain is gone and it will be a great night for a FB game so c'mon out to WW if you live in the area!

killerleft
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Written in living stone are the runes:

Come dance with Duke in the light of the moon!

My bunch will be there. Anbody within three hours can still make it!

Go Duke!

DukeDude
09-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm only 20 minutes away. I'l be there.