PDA

View Full Version : SI article about the Carolina summer pro-am

Lord Ash
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Enjoy! From SI's mouth to God's ears...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//2008/basketball/ncaa/09/04/summer.league/index.html

JasonEvans
09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
That article is the best news I've heard about Duke hoops in quite some time. Our kids rocked the summer league playing against some very elite competition.

Everyone says Olek is a freak-- it will be interesting to see if his athletic talents can be translated into basketball success.

--Jason "I like what I hear!" Evans

Lord Ash
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I certainly hope so... while summer stories of dominance are a pretty common occurance, it was nice to hear that THESE stories came in front of hundreds of fans and against some pretty good competition, rather than in front of someones cousins best friend at Card Gym:)

RainingThrees
09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
The news i most enjoyed from the summer camps was how Lance was doing, and I have been hoping that the aggresiveness he played with in the summer will carry over to the regular season. If he plays up to his potential he can be a scorer.

watzone
09-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Considering that I went to almost all the games, I can tell you that this is more positive than any of the articles I had up. While the writer may have gone a little overboard, it was easy to see player strengths more than their weaknesses.

OC was "the" crowd favorite and yes he can certainly dunk with the best od them. Just plain freaky athletic with his dunks.

EWill is a really quick and smooth guard and Kyle is Klye. Miles played in ust one, maybe two games (missed one night). Lance played very hard and was always active.

Nolan was gunned out by his guard heavy teammates yet stil got his. While he did help get them in the championship game, no Devils showed up other than Smith for the last three games and NS missed the title game.