PDA

View Full Version : Iron Duke Tailgate

OZZIE4DUKE
09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
This needs a new thread, perhaps stickied for the time being. Mods, what do you think?

Just got this email from the Iron Dukes:

Duke vs. Northwestern - Important Gameday Reminders

Here are a few important gameday reminders for the September 6th game between Duke and Northwestern starting at 7:00 pm.

Due to the threat of rain associated with Hurricane Hanna, the Iron Dukes & Varsity Cub Tailgate has been moved from Blue Devil Alley to the Wilson Recreation Center. The tailgate will still start around 5:00 pm following the Blue Devil Walk. RSVPs for the event were taken through September 2nd, but are no longer being accepted. No walk ups will be allowed.
Youth Day has been moved from this Saturday's Duke-Northwestern football game to September 27th and the Duke-Virginia game.
All fans are once again asked to wear blue to the game.
Iron Dukes parking lots will be open by 12:00 pm, all public lots will be open by 3:00 pm.
The ticket office in Cameron Indoor Stadium will open at 3:00 pm. The ticket booths located around Wallace Wade Stadium will open at 5:30 pm (90 minutes prior to kickoff).
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to take part in a new tradition of Duke Football, the Blue Devil Walk. The Blue Devil Walk begins around 4:30 pm when the team makes their way from the Duke Chapel to the Yoh Football Complex.
We look forward to seeing you in Wallace Wade Saturday night as we cheer on the Blue Devils to another victory!

GO DUKE!

CathyCA
09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Woo-hoooooo! I'll be there with my entourage!

My son adored the Blue Devil walk at the last game. He was thrilled to high-five the players and coaches as they walked by us.

We'll look forward to seeing some of you DBR people at the Iron Duke tailgate on Saturday.

Go Blue Devils! GTHC!

devildeac
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
This needs a new thread, perhaps stickied for the time being. Mods, what do you think?

Just got this email from the Iron Dukes:

Duke vs. Northwestern - Important Gameday Reminders

Here are a few important gameday reminders for the September 6th game between Duke and Northwestern starting at 7:00 pm.

Due to the threat of rain associated with Hurricane Hanna, the Iron Dukes & Varsity Cub Tailgate has been moved from Blue Devil Alley to the Wilson Recreation Center. The tailgate will still start around 5:00 pm following the Blue Devil Walk. RSVPs for the event were taken through September 2nd, but are no longer being accepted. No walk ups will be allowed.
Youth Day has been moved from this Saturday's Duke-Northwestern football game to September 27th and the Duke-Virginia game.
All fans are once again asked to wear blue to the game.
Iron Dukes parking lots will be open by 12:00 pm, all public lots will be open by 3:00 pm.
The ticket office in Cameron Indoor Stadium will open at 3:00 pm. The ticket booths located around Wallace Wade Stadium will open at 5:30 pm (90 minutes prior to kickoff).
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to take part in a new tradition of Duke Football, the Blue Devil Walk. The Blue Devil Walk begins around 4:30 pm when the team makes their way from the Duke Chapel to the Yoh Football Complex.
We look forward to seeing you in Wallace Wade Saturday night as we cheer on the Blue Devils to another victory!

GO DUKE!

Thanks for the update, Ozzie. We will be there looking for some more DBR participants like CathyCA and TNTDevil who we did not meet last weekend.

DukePA
09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the update, Ozzie. We will be there looking for some more DBR participants like CathyCA and TNTDevil who we did not meet last weekend.

I'm also looking forward to meeting those I didn't get to meet last week. My beach bum buddy, Cameron Born and Bred, and his step son will be joining us at the tailgate. Should be fun!

CameronBornAndBred
09-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I will be looking forward to meeting all of you folks too, thanks Donna!:)

sagegrouse
09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
As a veteran hurricane watcher, my considered opinion is that the weather at game time tomorrow (7 pm) will be clear and cool. The storm is accelerating and the path is shifting east -- it is expected to be level with Maryland by Sat. PM. Once the eye passes east of Durham (probably off of Cape Hatteras), it will pull dry, cool weather into the area W and SW of the storm.

OTOH, here in Steamboat Springs, I will not bear the consequences of my prediction, which is just the way I like it (although I would like to be at the game).

sagegrouse