PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous Slam by Goodman

BD80
09-05-2008, 02:21 AM
In the five or so months since Kansas cut down the nets to win the national title, then-reserve big man Cole Aldrich still has yet to pop in the DVD of the national semifinals in which he made North Carolina's perennial All-American Tyler Hansbrough look like Brian Zoubek.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8524858/Jayhawks-trying-to-rebuild-after-championship

Harsh and uncalled for. Zoubs isn't nearly as bad as psycho tt looked in that game.

Surely Goodman could have come up with a real stiff - Eric Montross maybe?

Uncle Drew
09-05-2008, 02:54 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8524858/Jayhawks-trying-to-rebuild-after-championship

Harsh and uncalled for. Zoubs isn't nearly as bad as psycho tt looked in that game.

There are times I think the powers that be on DBR are overly cautious when someone is critical of a particular Duke player. Granted they are "our" guys. But part of me feels like players need to hear what people think and deal with it, even their own fans. That being said I thought Zoubek was the most improved player for Duke over the second half of the season. If he'd said Zoubek the first half of the season it wouldn't be uncalled for and I'd have to agree with him. But IF Brian should happen to read or hear about the comment he should adopt an, "I'll show you" mentality and use it for personal buletin board material. I for one look for BZ to improve even more from last year and we all hope that happens. Sometimes in this world a slap in the face incites change and improvement a lot more than kind words and a pat on the back.

CameronBornAndBred
09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
But IF Brian should happen to read or hear about the comment he should adopt an, "I'll show you" mentality and use it for personal buletin board material.

Agreed...this will be locker fodder.

dyedwab
09-05-2008, 08:47 AM
I think that the injuries that set Zoubek back a little bit last year masked to some degree how much he added to his game during the season.

And a healthy summer, and other big players to practive aganst this year, should help even more.

I don't think Zoubs needs the extra motivation, but I want him to prove this commentator wrong.

jv001
09-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I think that the injuries that set Zoubek back a little bit last year masked to some degree how much he added to his game during the season.

And a healthy summer, and other big players to practive aganst this year, should help even more.

I don't think Zoubs needs the extra motivation, but I want him to prove this commentator wrong.

I totally agree the injuries really put a damper on Brian's play last year. He was improving and seemed to be a hugh asset for Duke basketball. The negative comments should motivate him even more this year. Let's hope Brian reaches his potential this year. We need him.

BD80
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
... Let's hope Brian reaches his potential this year. ...

I don't think it is possible for him to each his potential in one year. I see it taking him years to completely fill out and become the basketball player he could eventually become. Yes, that means he will be playing at the next level - the question is will he show enough improvement in the next two years to get drafted so he can continue to develop on an NBA payroll.

BZ seems to still be growing into his body and getting used to using his size and strength. I predict he will have a breakout season this year, to the point that a year from now he will be considered a key to the 2009-10 team and we'll be talking of BZ as All-ACC and possibly as a pre-season All-American team as a senior.

Mmmm, this dark blue Kool-Aid tastes goooood! :D

watzone
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Don't ever let anyone tell you that JG loves Florida and Billy D.

I think that's cryptic in a clear way.

-bdbd
09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I know the guys often spend the late-Summer and early-Fall scrimmaging against each other w/o the coaches until Oct. 15th (in my day it was in Card, but probably now in the new BB center). Have we had any recent scrimmage reports?

Very curious to see how BZ is looking in the scrimmages as an early indicator of development. I too think this would be the most probable time for him to "break out" (though that sounds too dramatic). Also, eager to see if Henderson is having a strong Summer. He is really the one that I am most excited about "breaking out" this season, assuming he shakes the injury bug.

Thanks for any updates.

-BDBD

devildeac
09-05-2008, 03:05 PM

Can the mods give him an infraction point or ban him for excessive negativity:D?

mgtr
09-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I am in favor of all our opponents dismissing Zoubek and then being surprised at how much better he is this year (I hope!).