PDA

View Full Version : OU article on Front Page

Diddy
09-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Maybe I read too much into the blurb, but the DBR made it sound like the OU player was somehow in the wrong. The net is reporting that some OU athletes were targeted, and thus did nothing wrong.

As for being underage at a bar, when I was at Duke I routinely saw Dunleavy, Battier, Boozer, Brand, et al out at bars when they were underage. They weren't drinking, they were just at the bar (Satys) getting food or hanging out. Being underage at a bar is not dispositive. Maybe the kid was just hanging out and not drinking.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe I read too much into the blurb, but the DBR made it sound like the OU player was somehow in the wrong. The net is reporting that some OU athletes were targeted, and thus did nothing wrong.

As for being underage at a bar, when I was at Duke I routinely saw Dunleavy, Battier, Boozer, Brand, et al out at bars when they were underage. They weren't drinking, they were just at the bar (Satys) getting food or hanging out. Being underage at a bar is not dispositive. Maybe the kid was just hanging out and not drinking.

I think you read too much into the blurb. I think they are expressing sympathy for Jeff Capel's situation more than disparaging the player. And your point about being in a bar getting food and not drinking is a valid one, although, as we have said here before, nothing good happens at 2:32 a.m., and I question the wisdom of an athlete putting themselves in harms way at that hour. But it is part of the process of going from "young and stupid" to "old (or older) and wise".