PDA

View Full Version : Time for UVa game??

DukeSince'77
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Not to jump to far ahead, but does anyone know when the game time will be announced for the UVa home game??

OZZIE4DUKE
09-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Not to jump to far ahead, but does anyone know when the game time will be announced for the UVa home game??

No, it hasn't been set yet. Check back in a couple of weeks.

This Saturday is 7 p.m. and the following week against Navy is a 12 noon start (ESPN-U TV).

DukeSince'77
09-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Ozzie! Just trying to make plans for that Saturday. What is the standard for setting the start times for the games? Is it 2 weeks/1 week prior to the game? I know TV plays a huge role in the starting times and hopefully with a couple of more wins, our Devils will be on TV several times.

CameronBornAndBred
09-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Ozzie! Just trying to make plans for that Saturday. What is the standard for setting the start times for the games? Is it 2 weeks/1 week prior to the game? I know TV plays a huge role in the starting times and hopefully with a couple of more wins, our Devils will be on TV several times.

IF we win the next 2, UVA on RayCom will be a good bet. After that, I see State, Wake and Carolina as strong candidates; I'm hoping at least one of them makes it to broadcast.

Acymetric
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
IF we win the next 2, UVA on RayCom will be a good bet. After that, I see State, Wake and Carolina as strong candidates; I'm hoping at least one of them makes it to broadcast.

I'd like to think that we will at least start getting some games on espn 360. I believe anyone with Time Warner (at least in Durham) gets free access to espn 360 games, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Acymetric
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I'd like to think that we will at least start getting some games on espn 360. I believe anyone with Time Warner (at least in Durham) gets free access to espn 360 games, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I basically had that backwards. Only some internet companies offer it, and one of the ones that doesn't is Time Warner (Road Runner). Verizon and AT&T do (for Durham). So, if espn 360 does cover games at some point, some of you will be in luck, and some (such as myself) won't be. Its crazy that you can't even pay to subscribe if your internet carrier doesn't offer it. Oh well.

msdukie
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Game times usually come out 12 days in advance after the first 3 weeks are preset, so we should know the UVa game time on Monday, Sept. 8.