PDA

View Full Version : TV vs. Northwestern?

wilson
09-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Is there any kind of coverage (even ESPNU)? I'd really like to watch, and if it means going to a sports bar for the pleasure, I want to plan appropriately.

roywhite
09-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Is there any kind of coverage (even ESPNU)? I'd really like to watch, and if it means going to a sports bar for the pleasure, I want to plan appropriately.

Don't know for sure, but I'd bet the Big10 Network will carry the game, since they generally carry every game that involves their conference members (they carried Penn State vs Coastal Carolina this last weekend, for example). On DirecTV, the Big10 Network is channel 610, and utilizes other "spillover" channels from DirecTV when more than one of the teams is playing at the same time.

dukeballer2294
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes that would probably be your best hope because or lone nationally televised game is next week against Navy on espnu

Bluedog
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Don't know for sure, but I'd bet the Big10 Network will carry the game, since they generally carry every game that involves their conference members (they carried Penn State vs Coastal Carolina this last weekend, for example). On DirecTV, the Big10 Network is channel 610, and utilizes other "spillover" channels from DirecTV when more than one of the teams is playing at the same time.

According the their schedule (http://www.bigtennetwork.com/schedule/), the Big Ten Network is only showing Murray State at Indiana at 7 PM ET. (They are showing 5 different games at noon depending on your location)...Choosing the Northwestern zip code and provider verifies this:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH FOOTBALL GAMES

Catch your Big Ten games on COMCAST! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)
EASTERN ILLINOIS VS. ILLINOIS: channel 64/255 or 256 (HD)
MARSHALL VS. WISCONSIN: channel 692
EASTERN MICHIGAN VS. MICHIGAN STATE: channel 693
NORTHERN COLORADO VS. PURDUE *: channel 694
FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL VS. IOWA *: channel 695
7:00 PM (ET) / 6:00 PM (CT)
MURRAY STATE VS. INDIANA: channel 64/255 or 256 (HD)

wilson
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Well that stinks (and I don't say that only because my dog just farted in my face). Guess I'll have to try my luck with GameCast & any audio available on the interweb again.

sagegrouse
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Here's the schedule for the aforementioned Big Ten Network (http://http://www.bigtennetwork.com/schedule/index.asp).

Based on a 30-second evaluation plus the awesome powers of inductive reasoning, I have concluded that the Big Ten Network televises all home games for teams in the conference.

That was consistent with last year, when I was fortunate enough to see a live telecast of the Duke upset over NU (western DirecTV satellite). (And, to be truthful, the home announcers on the BTN were very fair to Duke, almost cheering us on.)

sagegrouse
'I believe it snowed today up on the mountain.'

msdukie
09-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Game is on ACCSelect.

allenmurray
09-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Well that stinks (and I don't say that only because my dog just farted in my face). Guess I'll have to try my luck with GameCast & any audio available on the interweb again.

If you leave Atlanta at 10:00 a.m., even with stops for lunch and gas you'll be here in time for the game. I will buy you dinner at Wallace Wade (those sunday School ladies still make great fried chicken).

wilson
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
If you leave Atlanta at 10:00 a.m., even with stops for lunch and gas you'll be here in time for the game. I will buy you dinner at Wallace Wade (those sunday School ladies still make great fried chicken).

Now that's a tough offer to turn down. If it weren't for several various commitments I have here during the day on Saturday, I would be all over it. Thanks anyway!:)