PDA

View Full Version : Time to show Northwestern that WE ARE DUKE!

OldPhiKap
08-30-2008, 11:10 PM
One and Oh!!!! Northwestern is looking for redemption. Time to show them that the days of rolling over Duke are over.

Nothing personal, Wildcats. But it's a new day in Dur'm.

RIP 'EM UP! TEAR 'EM UP! GIVE 'EM HELL, DUKE!!!!!

dukeballer2294
08-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Were winning this 1 as long and in 2 weeks when duke has their only nationally televised game we will be 2-0!

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-31-2008, 11:02 AM
If you've not purchased tickets for any games, don't wait any longer. November 8 (NC State) and November 29 (Carolina) will be here before you know it.....

Edouble
08-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Were winning this 1 as long and in 2 weeks when duke has their only nationally televised game we will be 2-0!

What? as long as what? were or we're? huh?

killerleft
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
If you've not purchased tickets for any games, don't wait any longer. November 8 (NC State) and November 29 (Carolina) will be here before you know it.....

Great point, Devil in the Blue Dress. Get those tickets now!

Let's get everyone on the bus early. The more you invest, the more you'll enjoy the ride.

The players were totally thrilled with the turnout and enthusiasm. They've worked very hard and deserve the support.

Would things have gone as well if we'd had our usual 20,000 or less? Here's one fan who hopes we never have to find out again!

And filling up Wade is the best answer to why stadium improvements need to be done ASAP!

Devilsfan
08-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Wallace Wade, I think I've seen nicer... You can fill in the rest of the sentence. But who cares as long as we're winning. We will still be in the stands.

If only we had weathier alums and charged a little more for tuition. We too could have a more modern football stadium.

CameronBornAndBred
08-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Wallace Wade, I think I've seen nicer... You can fill in the rest of the sentence. But who cares as long as we're winning. We will still be in the stands.

I ran into my best friend from childhood, and like me he has gone to the games year in and year out through the worst for the last 10 years, taking his family with him. I asked him if he was excited for the new season and he said "If we lose, I'm not coming back". My guess is lots had that attitude, and I hope everyone who came out this weekend for the free food, comes back this Saturday for the game itself.
I made my commitment when I bought my season tix, I always figure it has to get better sometime, and I want to be there to watch it just like I was here to watch it when it was rock bottom. It makes the victories so much sweeter!
So if you don't have season tickets, it's still a bargain to get them now. And if you just come out for single games, plan ahead and get those now too!

Wallace Wade in blue was a truly wonderful sight.

footballfan
08-31-2008, 06:32 PM
wish I could see the Duke/Northwester game in person, but I couldn't reject the opportunity to see Miami vs Florida in the Swamp.

Hopefully if Duke beats Northwestern... the crowd support will even build. Kinda of reminds me back in 1994 (i went to all the Duke home games), and each game you could see more and more fans.

DukePA
08-31-2008, 06:47 PM

Absolutely! Please buy your tickets now. I would love, love, love to see Wally Wade the proper shade of blue for the last game of the season and for all those until then.

GO DUKE!!! GTHC, GTH!!!

footballfan
08-31-2008, 06:55 PM
i just bought tickets to the Navy and Miami game (sorry but will be cheering for Miami in this one).

Where can i park?

CameronBornAndBred
08-31-2008, 07:49 PM
i just bought tickets to the Navy and Miami game (sorry but will be cheering for Miami in this one).

Where can i park?

For Navy you can park at one of the 751 lots, for Miami you will have to park at the Target at South Square.

buddy
08-31-2008, 07:56 PM

Where can i park?

Try Cary!

OldPhiKap
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM

Where can i park?

For the Miami game, Chapel Hill apparently has a charter flight that'll get you right to mid-field.

devildeac
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
For the Miami game, Chapel Hill apparently has a charter flight that'll get you right to mid-field.

ROTFLMAO! We will get a lot of mileage, err, frequent flyer miles out of that story:D.

footballfan
08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
not very helpful. I guess I'll call the ticket office.

killerleft
08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
not very helpful. I guess I'll call the ticket office.

Don't worry, you will be directed to a $5 lot that may be anywhere from half a mile to over a mile away from Wallace Wade. Kinda funny, huh? Unfortunately, there's no punch line.

RelativeWays
08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Already have tickets for the Navy game, I really hope we show up against Northwestern like last year. I really think if we can keep the turnovers and mistakes down like we did against JMU, we'll win. I think the Duke players will view NW as a statement game, that the JMU game was not a fluke but an omen of ill things to come for our opponents.

watzone
08-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I am not a gambler, but for entertainment purposes, Duke opens as a 6 point favorite versus Northwestern.

dukemomLA
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Our win against ECU excited me beyond belief. Then again, I urge all Dukies to not expect the moon in only one season.

Wish I could be there. I'm 3,000 miles away in SoCal, but those of you who can sport Duke blue and attend, PLEASE get your butts out there!!! Obviously the fan support means much to the team.

Let's keep Northwestern off to the rafters. GO DUKE!! Such fun!

DevilAlumna
09-01-2008, 01:10 AM
I went to goduke.com (http://www.goduke.com)to check out the upcoming schedule, and love what I encountered.

Almost makes me want to be an Iron Duke, just to keep supporting Coach Cut!

SharkD
09-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm borrowing a friend's season tickets for the Northwestern game and bought Navy and UNC reserved tickets today. (We've a baby on the way, so season tix, even with the 4 for $199 faculty/staff deal, is out of the question this year -- though I did just drop $130 for two games...)

Bob Green
09-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Our win against ECU excited me beyond belief.

Isn't this post six years late? We beat ECU on 8/31/2002.

jv001
09-01-2008, 06:08 PM
This was an excellent win and a great way to begin Coach Cut's career at Duke. I think we have a good chance to beat Northwestern. The weather may be a factor in the game as Hanna may come our way and if that happens the ground game will be important. Go Duke!

jimsumner
09-01-2008, 06:29 PM
"Isn't this post six years late? We beat ECU on 8/31/2002."

Yea, but it was still exciting. :)

Wander
09-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I am not a gambler, but for entertainment purposes, Duke opens as a 6 point favorite versus Northwestern.

I think you mean 6 point underdog.

When was the last time Duke was a favorite against a 1-A opponent?

gotham devil
09-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I think you mean 6 point underdog.

When was the last time Duke was a favorite against a 1-A opponent?

Duke is a 6/6.5 underdog.

The key will be trying to contain elusive all-purpose back and Walker candidate Tyrell Sutton and forcing Bacher into making his patented weak decisions.

Newton_14
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok Wats, pull some strings dude. I thought about this while sitting there banging on the bleachers like heck Sat Night trying to make noise. The crowd was great but we still need more noise! I have a suggestion... We need those "tube thingys"?? that you can bang together for noise or bang them against the bleachers or whatever! Sorry, cannot remember what they are called, but I seem to recall a MLB team passing out free ones during a playoff game to help the fans be louder. Ours could be one all blue and one all silver to match the new uni's and we could call them "Cut Sticks"!

Call me nuts but I think it's a great idea!

blazindw
09-02-2008, 10:38 AM
wish I could see the Duke/Northwestern game in person, but I couldn't reject the opportunity to see Miami vs Florida in the Swamp.

I'm with you on that UF/Tha U game in the Swamp. I'll be at a wedding in ATL this weekend, otherwise I'd be down there cheering on Tha U.

I was at the game last weekend, and afterwards found myself trying to get recruited for an LLM or business school so I can come back to Durham full-time. :) I will try to come to at least one more home game (probably Homecoming, but I will be cheering for Duke!)...the UNC game is very appealing. Thanksgiving weekend, the day before my birthday...I have a feeling that Coach Cut will be allowing a field rush after that one :)