PDA

View Full Version : Duke is undefeated

Wander
08-28-2008, 08:14 PM
We are currently tied for the best record in college football and thus right on track to play in the BCS title game.

godukerocks
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Packing my bags already.

TwoDukeTattoos
08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Zero losses at the start of the season is definitely something to be proud of.

ugadevil
08-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Coach Cut will be on College Gameday tomorrow lobbying for Duke to be in the BCS title game.

Wander
08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
After the first day of football, we are still undefeated and now have a better record than some teams in BCS conferences: NC State, Baylor, and even Oregon State who is receiving votes in the latest polls! This is a good sign. Still on track for the title game.

PDDuke85
08-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Devils defense still unscored upon!:D

JBDuke
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Devils defense still unscored upon!:D

And no one has stopped our offense, either! :)

Uncle Drew
08-29-2008, 01:25 PM
After the first day of football, we are still undefeated and now have a better record than some teams in BCS conferences: NC State, Baylor, and even Oregon State who is receiving votes in the latest polls! This is a good sign. Still on track for the title game.

I think we need to go ahead and contact Miami hotels so we all get a good rate on hotel rooms for the Orange Bowl. Duke hasn't been since January 1st of 1958 in a 48-21 loss to Oklahoma, we're past due! Yeah I know, one game at a time. But you people will be remembering this in January when you're having to drive from Palm Beach because you can't get a room! :D

And no one has stopped our offense, either!

God I love Danville humor!

JBDuke
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I think we need to go ahead and contact Miami hotels so we all get a good rate on hotel rooms for the Orange Bowl. Duke hasn't been since January 1st of 1958 in a 48-21 loss to Oklahoma, we're past due! Yeah I know, one game at a time. But you people will be remembering this in January when you're having to drive from Palm Beach because you can't get a room! :D

And no one has stopped our offense, either!

God I love Danville humor!

Danville? How did you know I have a connection to Danville? ;-)

jimsumner
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
But since Duke is unranked, several teams will have to lose a game or two to get into the BCS picture. A hundred or so. So Duke will need some help.

Uncle Drew
08-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Danville? How did you know I have a connection to Danville? ;-)

In case anyone on the DBR boards doesn't know Danville VA, though small in size has produced many fine upstanding citizens. None of which shall be named here for the sake of modesty.

But since Duke is unranked, several teams will have to lose a game or two to get into the BCS picture. A hundred or so. So Duke will need some help.

And Jim, you're the one who makes me optimistic man. Don't give me that few hundred junk, we don't want to hear it! When we head down to Atlanta undefeated and take out the team of the coach who snubbed us so we could get Cut heads will turn. Then three weeks later when we ride over to Winston and knock off Wake heads will roll. By that time the games at VT and at Clemson we will be favored in and in the drivers seat. After a trouncing over our arch rivals and a three touchdown win in our first ACC championship game giving us an undefeated season the BCS will have to take Duke in the Orange Bowl. Once again, underestimated and a 10 point underdog to UGA the kicking game finally comes through on a last second 55 yard fieldgoal to win Duke's first of many football national championships!!!! 24-21!!

Hey, it could happen! Raise your hand if you saw Sarah Palin being the choice for VP for the Republicans last week at this time. And for the record I'm allowed to be over confident. I don't have to play the games! GO DUKE!!!!! Come on defense, hit that QB just one time REALLY hard for me Saturday night! Turn his shoulder pads into ear flaps! And offense if it's not there DON'T force it! Football is a game of field position. We'd rather have an extra punt or two than an interception. Catch the ball THEN run. Anyone want to throw in a couple of more football cliches be my guest! Let's go Blue Devils! :D

Wander
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM

Duke began to get some help last night as two more teams, Army and SMU, picked up losses.

Call me crazy, but I have this gut feeling that undefeated teams are going to start dropping like flies today...

ugadevil
08-30-2008, 10:00 AM

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/surfTalk2/image.php?u=16865&dateline=1180318090

moonpie23
08-30-2008, 12:54 PM
teams going down left and right.....but we are hanging tough!!!

GO DUKE!!!

Wander
08-30-2008, 08:06 PM
We have a better record than two RANKED teams!

DukieInKansas
08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
And still undefeated. One game at a time and looking forward to the next one. This will be a fun season.

bigj4194
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
i'm loking forward to seeing us undefeated after two weeks of the season! Congrats to the Duke FB and their first victory of the season!

devildeac
08-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Now does Steve Superior give us a vote:rolleyes:;)

Acymetric
08-31-2008, 01:33 AM

I [half] joked about that at the game today! Regardless, great effort by our guys, and its great to see them get to experience a convincing home win like that!

SharkD
08-31-2008, 09:45 AM

Only if the president of the American Football Coaches Association doesn't specifically forbid Spurrier to vote for Duke, as he did for this year's pre-season poll. (link (http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/media/storage/paper884/news/2008/08/26/Column/A.Message.From.The.Ol.Ball.Coach-3404536.shtml)).

Perhaps it's a conspiracy to keep Duke out of the BCS running!

Then again, maybe the superstitious amongst us will feel that the Spurrier vote is the source of the Duke football curse. ;)

Lavabe
08-31-2008, 10:59 AM
SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE!

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/surfTalk2/image.php?u=16865&dateline=1180318090

Okay, so jim's statement of about a hundred or so is moving according to plan. How about another 50 or so this next weekend?:D

Cheers,
Lavabe

Wander
09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Update: Week 2 of the season begins tonight and Duke is still well on track to play in the national title game.

CameronBornAndBred
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Update: Week 2 of the season begins tonight and Duke is still well on track to play in the national title game.

I'm still laughing as I type...I love it!

jimsumner
09-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Does laughing placate the weaux gods? We need a ruling from some theologians.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Unbeaten and untied; the defense has allowed only one touchdown the entire season!

ArnieMc
09-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Unbeaten and untied; the defense has allowed only one touchdown the entire season!
. . . and the kicking game has been flawless. I never thought I would get to say that!

Uncle Drew
09-05-2008, 11:52 AM

Devil in the Blue Dress, I wonder if the 1938 team broke open champagne to have a toast when the first points were scored against Duke vs JMU keeping their "Iron Dukes" record alive like the 1972 Dolphins do when the last undefeated team falls? :)