PDA

View Full Version : DBR Fantasy Football

duketaylor
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
We're getting close to the season and need to find out who's in and who's not, is our commish around? Mods, please keep this here for a few days if you will, thanks, CT.

wilson
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm in, but I hadn't heard any official word about a league. Who is the commish? What's the league ID? etc.

watzone
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
The commish dropped the league from declining interest. He offered to make a new commish. I've had to bail as well, but it was a blast. Bull City Buzzards ruled;)

duketaylor
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hadn't heard a thing about dropping the league, so I'll offer to help run it and get enough folks to play. I'll pay the $70 or so, but we need to act quickly. How many remaining players are interested? I've seen a handful on the sight.
Here's our site:
http://fbc03.fanball.com/commissioner.fbc?prg=lselect&lid=22296&page=lhome&pass=1&52417

Gotta find out how many existing members want to play and how many we need to add. Thoughts?

duke5021
08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I found where Watzone hides :)

I would be in if you guys need another person. Email me details.

What's another league right?

SupaDave
08-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Me three! I'm down. I'm always looking for more leagues to dominate... :)

smvalkyries
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I am always ready but we really are running out of time if we are going to try to do this

Steve

duketaylor
08-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I've already had interest from 4 extra folks, so I'm thinking we'll have 12. I've asked existing players if they want to play; I just need an accurate head count and I think we can proceed. Those involved or wanting to, what's your availability for the draft? Please let me know as I have scheduling issues and will have to put this together very quickly. Might have to be Monday, Tuesday or Wed night...last minute, yes, but we can do it.

wilson
08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I can do Monday or Wednesday, not Tuesday, but count me in.

MulletMan
08-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, I thought this league was dead, so I joined three other leagues, but WTF... I'll re-up. Let me know what time DT.

Everyone who joins should expect to be sending DT a check for a portion of the cost.

wilson
08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, I thought this league was dead, so I joined three other leagues, but WTF... I'll re-up. Let me know what time DT.

Everyone who joins should expect to be sending DT a check for a portion of the cost.

Somehow, I never heard a word about this league, even though I'm already in the DBR baseball league.
Why don't we just do a Yahoo league or something like that? Those are free.

MulletMan
08-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Somehow, I never heard a word about this league, even though I'm already in the DBR baseball league.
Why don't we just do a Yahoo league or something like that? Those are free.

This league was started in 03 by Genedoc who posts here a lot less now.

Watzone won it in 03 (I was runner-up), I won it in 04 (a friend of Gene's was runner up), Genedoc won it in 05 (I have no clue who was runner up), Genedoc repeated in 06 (Xenic was the runner up riding LT's back all the way), and I believe Shamrog won last year when my jugernaut of a team lost in the semis after Brady had his worst game of the season.

I think the history and record keeping is the reason the DT and some of the rest of us would like to keep it on Fanball... plus I find thier interface to be much better than any of the other sites that I play on.

watzone
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
This league was started in 03 by Genedoc who posts here a lot less now.

Watzone won it in 03 (I was runner-up), I won it in 04 (a friend of Gene's was runner up), Genedoc won it in 05 (I have no clue who was runner up), Genedoc repeated in 06 (Xenic was the runner up riding LT's back all the way), and I believe Shamrog won last year when my jugernaut of a team lost in the semis after Brady had his worst game of the season.

I think the history and record keeping is the reason the DT and some of the rest of us would like to keep it on Fanball... plus I find thier interface to be much better than any of the other sites that I play on.

I lost last years title after scoring the most points. I hated that 5 point advantage for the home team in the play offs only. Cost me a second claim to glory by 1.86 or something like that. Those Buzzards were built for the long haul;) Okay, I will play again. LMK about the draft. I think reworking the divisions might be fresh too and please, only people who will participate from beggining to end. As for the stats, if a new person comes in and takes over a team, then they will have the former teams accolades. Might it be best to start from scratch?

smvalkyries
08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I can do monday night or Tuesday-
No K in LA

duketaylor
08-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Looks like we'll have enough. I don't have e-mail addresses for most of you and will have to hustle to get it all together. I also like fanball, but haven't even experienced any other sites. I'll bite the bullet tonight and sign us up. I'm working thru Monday, have Tuesday off but I work til 11 both Monday and Wednesday, so Sunday or Tuesday may be best draft night for me. I realize that's a pain on a holiday weekend, so we need to figure out what night is best. One player can't do Tuesday so we need to communicate whatever will work. Other thoughts? I fanyone wants to PM me, please do.

ehdg
08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Chuck,

I still want in. Tried emailing you about this a couple weeks ago and the rest of the league. Some where still very interested. But for some reason your emails kept bouncing back. If there's still room please lmk I'm good to go.

Tks.

duketaylor
08-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Erich, I've changed to comcast and high-speed and all that. So my new e-mail is "ch_taylor@comcast.net" or so my daughter tells me as I've not even gone there yet. I will tonight or tomorrow, but I'm trying to get an accurate head-count for prior members before telling anyone they're "in" this year. I'm also giving previous members a chance to realize that we're still alive and playing, so I'm gonna join tonight as commish and we'll go from there.
GO DUKE, beat the Dukes!! My wife's alma mater.

Cool, Duke just picked off JMU and took it down the field a good way, GO DUKE!!!

adam
08-31-2008, 01:04 AM
If anyone is interested, I am in need of 3 more teams to fill my ESPN Fantasy Football league. The league is just for fun... no cost or prizes involved.

Here's the info...

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=173970
Password: idaho

If you don't already have an ESPN profile, you'll need to create one in order to join the league. Also, make sure to enter the password in all lowercase letters.

GO DUKE!!! :)

ehdg
08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Erich, I've changed to comcast and high-speed and all that. So my new e-mail is "ch_taylor@comcast.net" or so my daughter tells me as I've not even gone there yet. I will tonight or tomorrow, but I'm trying to get an accurate head-count for prior members before telling anyone they're "in" this year. I'm also giving previous members a chance to realize that we're still alive and playing, so I'm gonna join tonight as commish and we'll go from there.
GO DUKE, beat the Dukes!! My wife's alma mater.

Cool, Duke just picked off JMU and took it down the field a good way, GO DUKE!!!

NP Chuck, check your email I sent it out to the group as a whole from last year. A few of them have replied and want back in. Tks!!

duketaylor
08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I still haven't checked my new e-mail, so who else still wants in? I know Diane, Steven, Sham, Sam, watzone and mullet, plus you and me are in. That's 8, anyone else before I start adding players? I await your reply.
Thanks, dt

ehdg
08-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I still haven't checked my new e-mail, so who else still wants in? I know Diane, Steven, Sham, Sam, watzone and mullet, plus you and me are in. That's 8, anyone else before I start adding players? I await your reply.
Thanks, dt

Chuck,

Also heard today from Jeff K____who also wants back in. That would then put us at 9. I posted this on Fanball also under the thread you stated a while ago. I missed Mullet though on there.

erich

ehdg
08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Chuck,

Also heard today from Jeff K______ who also wants back in. That would then put us at 9. I posted this on Fanball also under the thread you stated a while ago. I missed Mullet though on there.

erich

Sorry just realized that Mullet and Jeff are one and the same so we're back to 8.

duketaylor
08-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Erich, can you possibly supply me with the team names for those returning? It's a little confusing trying to understand how many want to play. We're at 8, 9 or 10. Also, if you, or anyone else, could send me e-mail addresses and phone numbers in a PM that would be very helpful as well. I'll PM you with my cell eventhough you may already have it. Thanks a ton, Chuck

duketaylor
08-31-2008, 11:27 PM
I have finalized the finances for our season and will contact those interested in joining the league as soon as I know which existing members are returning. We will draft Tuesday at 7PM, it takes about 4 hours. Twelve teams and I believe 16 rounds, I will check and get back (I rarely make it past about 12 rounds thanks to Bud Lt). Might have to change my energy level a bit Tuesday;) We'll get thru it and have another fun year. Thanks for y'alls support, please go to fanball and DBR FFL and post whatever messages you want. Chuck
http://fbc03.fanball.com/commissioner.fbc?prg=league&action=standings&84061

duketaylor
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I've PM'd the first 3 folks expressing interest in the league, so wilson, duke 5021 and mph, please check you PM and call me. Draft room is open, but all three of you need to join to draft, otherwise I'll draft for you. Tonight at 8PM, 14 rounds with 60 seconds to select, so it will move quickly. Then to fill out your team of 16, you can pick up two FA's tomorrow, time TBD. Thanks, CT

duke5021
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi DukeTaylor, I couldn't respond back to the PM for whatever reason.

I can't make it tonight... I'm sorry for the short notice, but I can't be on the computer at 8:00pm tonight. I'm sorry about the late reply.

adam
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
We still need 2 teams in our ESPN Fantasy Football League. Check out the info below to sign up. Thanks! :)

If anyone is interested, I am in need of 2 more teams to fill my ESPN Fantasy Football league. The league is just for fun... no cost or prizes involved.

Here's the info...

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/join?leagueId=173970

If you don't already have an ESPN profile, you'll need to create one in order to join the league.

GO DUKE!!! :)

ehdg
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
We still need 2 teams in our ESPN Fantasy Football League. Check out the info below to sign up. Thanks! :)

Adam, When is your draft? I'm already in 3 leagues now and 2 of them through ESPN. Lmk and I'll see if I can squeeze in possibly one more league.

dcarp23
09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Hadn't heard a thing about dropping the league, so I'll offer to help run it and get enough folks to play. I'll pay the $70 or so, but we need to act quickly. How many remaining players are interested? I've seen a handful on the sight.
Here's our site:
http://fbc03.fanball.com/commissioner.fbc?prg=lselect&lid=22296&page=lhome&pass=1&52417

Gotta find out how many existing members want to play and how many we need to add. Thoughts?

As a former member, I'll give up my spot. Just don't have the time the league deserves.

watzone
09-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think this is going to get off the ground. I have been switched to the east, but I have a west schedule. IOW, I play all the teams in the west twice, instead of my own division. Also, when trying to set lineup or make changes, I get last seasons roster.

duketaylor
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
thanks for letting me know, tho. Last minute issues, to be sure, but I'm off Thursday so we should be OK. Duke5021, call me on my cell tomorrow and we'll get you set up. I did lots of drafting last night before Bud Light took over. Should be a fun league, once again. Wilson, you out there? You in?

ehdg
09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I got a PM from Wilson last night and seems he's not interested now. Diane will find us a player she said to fill his void.

duketaylor
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Need to know if you're in or out, please. Thanks, CT

duke5021
09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I tried to PM you back the other day, but it wouldn't go through.

If someone else wants my spot they can take it. I didn't know when the draft was so I didn't get to pick my team. If it puts you in a hole and you need someone I will do it, but would rather not.

I just tried to sign into the league too based on the ID and passwords you sent, but it didn't work either.